Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Final Fantasy Games SUX

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill be honest with you... PS2 I find to be not that great of a console...Especially the selection of games... But I would personally (and did) buy a PS2 just for God of War and FFX... Of course their are other good titles but they just do not compare to that of Xbox's! (IMO)

The ass'kickery in God of War was splendid!!! it will be that much better in God of War 2 :D

Better than every main FF character using a sword... I would have to go withj they all mostly have Blonde hair lol! As stated earlier on in the thread!

I think the most all time bad-ass in a FF game would have to be Delita from Final Fantasy Tactics... I loved his character and how they protrayed it through out the game!

What planet are you from? I understand PS3 hate but PS2 had the best game selection of any console to date.

Personally, the 64 was definitely my favorite console. Everything from Duke Nukem to Goldeneye to Doom to Quake and Super Mario 64 OMFG that console had so many perfect games imo. :rolleyes:

Speaking of über-pwnage, this is my 4000TH POST! :cool:

It sure did take a while to get that many. :erk:

Thraxz said:
So you like playing the same SNES rpg over and over again with a different name?

Final Fantasy
Super Mario RPG
Illusion of Gaia
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Earthbound
Lufia
Tales of Phantasia
Breath of Fire
Star Ocean

How are any of these classic SNES RPGs carbon copies? Because they're all 2d?

Because it's all the same HP/MP system that was stupidly overused... even for the times. SMB is a platform not an rpg.

How do you conclude that "Super Mario RPG" is not an RPG? There was almost nothing platformy about it.

Do you know what an RPG is? Pretty much every RPG has stats like HP/MP. Trying to say that every game that uses HP/MP is the same is the most ignorant thing I've heard in awhile.

Final Fantasy X
Kingdom Hearts
Dragon Quest VIII
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time
Suikoden III
Xenosaga
Dark Cloud
Disgaea

All of these well-known PS2 RPGs use the HP/MP systems. I don't understand your argument.

PS2 had a very bad selection! Just because it came out with 4x more games than the other consoles doesn't put it above! Look at the genres for Xbox and PS2...

Racing
XBOX-Project Gotham Racing 2 (Or Forza Motorsport if you prefer)

RPG
PS2-Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy XI
XBOX-Jade Empire and Fable??? (RPGS for Sony consoles have always been dominent)

FPS
XBOX- Halo, Halo 2, Advent Rising, Serious Sam
PS2- ZERRRRRROOOOOOO -0 - - - - -0-0-0-0-0-0

Anyhoot... Just Maybe it might be my taste in Games... But Jaxter, Ratchet and Clank, FFX, God Of War, GT3, just do not match up to games like Mech Assault, Brute Force, Halo, Halo 2, Starwars KOTOR (1 & 2) Jade Empire, Fable, Fusion Frenzy, ESIII: Morrowind, Unreal Championship (1 & 2), Ninja Gaiden, Project Gotham 2....

I'm not a Microsoft fan boy i love alot of games on all consoles...I just love those XBOX games gi-normously! FFX and God of War are far superior to half the games I mentioned for XBOX but the rest of the ps2 games are not!

When it comes down to the nitty gritty I think they cross platform games are the best... Prince of Persia, Rainbox Six, Splinter Cell, Need For Speed Underground 2, Time Splitters 2 and Time Splitters Future Perfect....Alot of aesome titles right their!

Kronikle66 said:
Final Fantasy X - meh in comparison to the last two (9 doesn't exist in my vocabulary)
Kingdom Hearts - bad
Dragon Quest VIII - haven't played
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time - boring, couldn't finish it
Suikoden III - better, their system was quite a bit beyond the hp/mp system with twists like partnering and "war" battle system beyond their their skill acquisition is quite different then the steroetypical HP/MP monotone
Xenosaga - okay.
Dark Cloud - the real time aspect of this automatically makes it non HP/MP sterotype
Disgaea - not played

There you have it.

Okay, who voted for X-2? I just beat X recently and decided to check out its sequel, only to be horrified by the opening sequence. The music is terrible, the whole changing outfits in the middle of battle is ridiculous, the fact that Yuna dances to inflict status ailments on enemies is absurd (not to mention the dance itself) and the voice acting is still awful (particularly Rikku & Yuna). This game is a disgrace to Final Fantasy. It's like Barbie meets Charlie's Angels.

Kronikle66 said:
Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 2 is the single most addicting RPG I ever played. I can't believe that I wasted 85 hours or so on that game, but goddamn it, it was fucking fun as hell. The whole rebuilding thing was such a cool concept, even if the dungeons got tedious after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.