Favorite Final Fantasy game?

Oh damn FFVI. Best game ever :D
Though I really like VIII (flame me :D), IX, X, XII too.

And I never got to play 7 (flame me again!) nor was interested by it.

Did anyone here finished FFX without getting Anima? And how could you find it without checking on internet?

I just couldnt kill the last boss without getting Anima :erk:

I did it!
Though I had to restart my game the first two times I tried : the machina in the snowy place killed me the first time (just before getting the lightning aeon I think?), and the second time Yunalesca killed me intensely.

I might have got Anima but I never was a heavy summon user : Tidus, Wakka and the other intense old guy just destroyed everything in their path while Yuna healed.

:)
FF7 is actually the first I've played. And that was less then a year ago. I've heard so many people raving about it. So I got curious to see why they think so. Also Bulbs Jenova-cover didn't help my curiosity either...
Since then I've tried VI and am currently playing VIII, very good game, But +1 on long guardian force scenes..

Yes, it's for the off topic but anyway...

VII was the first love, first RPG and an overall amazing experience.
VIII also, waited a long time for it to come out in 1998 and I loved it.
IX, didn't like it much, never got to finish it.
X liked it ok, finished with a little trick (without the aid of internet) using a spell that transformed the final boss in undead status and bonbing it with curative spells (which are damage in the Final Fantasy universe if cast on an undead).
X-II meh... ...never finished, got stuck in the lightning place.
XII. Never played it. I have it but I never find the time to play it.

I have also I-II, III, IV, V, VI for the game boy. I plan to play at least VI this summer.

Some people are already mentioning other RPG's they think are better, but nobody has mentioned Chrono Trigger? Come on, guys...

Yep... Crono Trigger. Def in the pantheon of greatest RPG's of all time. FFVII, Crono Trigger, & Dragon Warrior, are prob my top 3 ever.

BTW.. in an earlier post I mentioned "Magma", I meant "Ultima" !

Does Shadowgate count as an RPG ? - I loved the vibe of that game !

FF7 and FF9 for me.

Vivi's plot line in FF9 was some moving shit, seriously.

Been playing Lost Odyssey recently and while it isn't quite up to the standards of brilliance set by those two games, the story is some moving shit and im only about 8 hours in.

VII all the way.

I had to have minor surgery a few years ago and I was laid up for about 3 days. I broke out my old PS1 and set it up in my bedroom so I could play FFVII again all day and all night since I was off my feet anyways. It was great :D

Well, playing the game was great, anyways....

FF7 and FF9 for me.

Vivi's plot line in FF9 was some moving shit, seriously.

Been playing Lost Odyssey recently and while it isn't quite up to the standards of brilliance set by those two games, the story is some moving shit and im only about 8 hours in.

Gotta make sure everyone knows you're still a man, eh Gareth? :D

I'm going with IX because the only one I've manage to finish. It took me a while that I actually got sad when it ended and the credits where roling lol It felt like a life has ended.

It's why I'm so cautious around RPG games.