help??? any excellent MATH METAL bands out there

yeah, that's the way it should be in most of the cases/bands

I just listened to a few songs by this band. What the hell is up with the beyond lame emo vocals with this particular music? Then it goes from emo to scremo, which is equally bad. :yuk:
Grabbing the instrumental version as well. The vocals drag it way down.

I despise Periphery's singer. I third that, Periphery should be instrumental.

Has anyway heard Animals as Leaders new album?

Shogun - Iconoclast is one of my favorite albums of all time, period. It's a shame they didn't come out with more than a few shitty EPs and one amazing album. Each track has it's own unique spin and I recommend giving every song a chance. :kickass:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i0o7d3

I despise Periphery's singer. I third that, Periphery should be instrumental.

I remember when Periphery started as a myspace band page to promote. At the time, Periphery was made up of only one individual who did everything himself with drum tracks. Now he got some band members and decided to form a band with his project. Since then, Periphery has really taken off. I prefer the old beginnings of the band more than what they have become now. There were no vocals, just instrumental work.

not that I hate spencer but if they did just an album full of drum tracks I would be happy lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrzUno8YGFo

the drummer they have now is even better than this dude and has the most minial set I've seen for a metal guy.

I would actually enjoy it better if their singer kept it wussy all the time, I think his screams are terrible, no power at all, he sings his ass off though, even though his tone is emoey/wussy.

that whole djent scene is pretty irritating on the whole (see what I did?). some cool stuff, obviously tons of great players, but the general lack of good songs and a focus on brootal tonez/overblown production and flashy playing over everything is what stops me from ever listening to more than three songs from bands like that at a time.

That's why I love Textures so much, especially the new album. They have every predisposition to be just another boring djent band (obvious meshuggah influence coupled with catchy melodies and clean singing) yet they keep the production very natural and warm and write really, really good songs, and they have a manly singer too.

their new singer might be my favorite singer out right now, he's flawless live as well.

his old band released my favorite album in this crop of so-called djent bands.

to answer the topic question though, yeah, you can't really get much better with math metal than getting the new Blotted Science. Ron J is just on a higher level than anyone else in this genre.

Last edited by a moderator:
the drummer they have now is even better than this dude and has the most minial set I've seen for a metal guy.

I would actually enjoy it better if their singer kept it wussy all the time, I think his screams are terrible, no power at all, he sings his ass off though, even though his tone is emoey/wussy.

that whole djent scene is pretty irritating on the whole (see what I did?). some cool stuff, obviously tons of great players, but the general lack of good songs and a focus on brootal tonez/overblown production and flashy playing over everything is what stops me from ever listening to more than three songs from bands like that at a time.

That's why I love Textures so much, especially the new album. They have every predisposition to be just another boring djent band (obvious meshuggah influence coupled with catchy melodies and clean singing) yet they keep the production very natural and warm and write really, really good songs, and they have a manly singer too.

their new singer might be my favorite singer out right now, he's flawless live as well.

his old band released my favorite album in this crop of so-called djent bands.

to answer the topic question though, yeah, you can't really get much better with math metal than getting the new Blotted Science. Ron J is just on a higher level than anyone else in this genre.

Yes, I love Textures. I need to get there new one.

Last edited by a moderator: