HELP! Cubase 5 problems....

MEGA DAVE

Mar 5, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
So I finally upgraded my system to Windows 7, I just did an upgrade instead of a clean install and now for some reason in cubase 5 certain keys dont work, like simple things like pressing f3 for the mixer, ctrl+c to copy, etc doesnt work now, ive even tried changing the key commands and nothing. Also I've tried running cubase in compatibility mode, as well as running it as admin, and still, nothing. Anyone have any idea what the hell is wrong? This is really making my work take way too long having to drop down the edit menu to copy and paste or do any other simple editing.

Maybe delete your Cubase preferences? Of course, you can move them out of the way and then delete the original, if you'd like to retain a copy, just in case.

There´s a hidden folder named "AppData" at your user folder. There has to be a "Steinberg" or "Cubase" folder somewhere in it. Delete everything it contains and you should be good to go.

I ran into a similar issue after receiving a C5 project from someone who had the keyboard input thing on the transport panel active when they saved the project, all keypresses are sending MIDI info and you have to right click the transport panel and get rid of the onscreen keyboard to sort it.

YMMV with this fix, I tried trashing my preferences but problem occurred whenever I opened his project, took me a long time to realise what it was haha, probably not your issue unless you get projects from others.

alright i found the folder and from what i understand if i delete everything in it cubase will rebuild the folder, its location is C:\Users\MEGA DAVE\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg is all this information correct? i'm gonna make a copy of the folder first but i dont wanna do this without confirmation from someone that im correct in this method

alright i found the folder and from what i understand if i delete everything in it cubase will rebuild the folder, its location is C:UsersMEGA DAVEAppDataRoamingSteinberg is all this information correct? i'm gonna make a copy of the folder first but i dont wanna do this without confirmation from someone that im correct in this method

Yep. Make a copy, and then delete the original folder.

do you use a typing keyboard with "extra options" ?
i had the same problem some time ago...the "F" keys were just disabled!:lol:

whelp, deleted presets and fixed all the problems. i think i pinpointed the problem, i opened and old sx3 project and it kinda freaked it out

Along with trashing your preferences for C5, if you have older versions of Cubase, they can also cause problems with C5. I've read that trashing preferences on ALL installed Cubase versions help, or if possible, removing those older programs altogether.

If your keyboard does nothing in Cubase 5, 99% chances are you have virtual keyboard active... Just toggle it off...

And to 006: I work in Windows 7 since months for both Cg and audio productions, it has really no issues I can think of... (you could eventually find some developers that can't write good drivers, but that's not microsoft fault)

And to 006: I work in Windows 7 since months for both Cg and audio productions, it has really no issues I can think of... (you could eventually find some developers that can't write good drivers, but that's not microsoft fault)

just jokes man :)

Cubase 5 question?
Hello My question is this how come when you rename a project folder the audio and image file disapears and cannot be located?