Help from PT guru would be great

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
Hi ya'll

I'm importing a few audio tracks in PT10 right now. The session is already loaded with approximatively 25 audio tracks with some plugins. Nothing enormous actually.

Everything goes fine usually but now, importing 4 or 5 audio tracks in one time takes at least 20 min! It's wav 24bits/48kHz mono for the most part. Never had this issue before.

So I cleaned up PT, iMac works well, etc. but still takes a looong time. Is there import settings that would have been changed for some reason and I could look at?

What bit rate are the files you're importing and what are the settings in the session you've got open? I usually find that files import quick when they match, but if there's a mismatch, they have to convert. Check that.

Both files and session are in 24bits/48kHz.

This morning, I imported session data. All was going fine for every sessions except for the two last ones. It took much more time (30/40min instead of a few seconds for the other ones)

Is there a possible shit happening to my HD???

Create a new session for each of those that seems to be going wrong and import the session data. Maybe there's something up with your session. If others are going ok, I'd doubt your hard disk is taking a shit :)

Well, I gotta wait for the files I'm currently importing but I'll do that just after and let you know how it works. Thanks!

Ok so I created a new session (same bit rate) and imported some tracks. Same issue. It's a bit worrying because I'm at the very beginning of some big mixing sessions for an entire album... Don't know what's going on.

Edit: MY BAD!!! My HD is full! It's why I get shit like that for sure... What an asshole I am!