Jumping off Joey's PT upgrade thread...

Im running m powered right now to edit drums in the living room instead of being shut away with the HD rig.. Friday Im using it with the Maudio lightbridge to track a full drum kit.

Would I be able to run MP without being hooked up to the Profire? MP comes with an iLok, but would I still need the PF2626 to run?

I usually will bring my laptop to work if the day is slow and work on cleaning up/editing with a set of headphones. With Nuendo it's easy because I can revert to the default audio drivers in the laptop, but I'm thinking this wouldn't work with MP...That sucks.

I usually will bring my laptop to work if the day is slow and work on cleaning up/editing with a set of headphones. With Nuendo it's easy because I can revert to the default audio drivers in the laptop, but I'm thinking this wouldn't work with MP...That sucks.

I do the same with the Maudio transit

Would I be able to run MP without being hooked up to the Profire? MP comes with an iLok, but would I still need the PF2626 to run?

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?itemid=5343&langid=100 ?

I'm not a big fan of the digidesign policy, but if you are like REALLY REALLY wanting to edit wherever you are.. the M-Box Micro should be your friend.
edit: oops, just saw elmuchoescadawg's post.

But does the m-box micro includes protools?

If it does, the price is +20 euros than the PTLE8 update...

DIGIDESIGN MBOX 2 MICRO

Digidesign MBox2 Micro - about the size of a typical USB flash drive, Mbox 2 Micro offers high-quality sound, a 1/8 inch stereo output for headphones or speaker monitoring (no audio inputs), and a convenient volume wheel for quick adjustments. While it doesn't offer any audio inputs, Mbox 2 Micro does come with award winning Pro-Tools LE software, Bomb Factory and DigiRack plug-ins, and Digidesign's Xpand sample-playback/synthesis workstation, enabling you to work with Pro-Tools sessions and compose wherever inspiration takes you. USB (1.1) bus powered. Compatible with Windows XP/Vista and Mac OSX.

But if you still ask me, I would rather pay the extra $50 and and get the mbox mini

wait, so if you get the micro.....can you use your own interface with the pt le? or does it still have to be one of digi's ones or an m-powered one?

you need to use the digi interface...but if you have another digidesign interface you can get the micro just for editing in another computer, in case you need it, or you may use it.

I now have a digi002, but had a mbox2mini and it was pretty good, maybe if you want a portable rig, just for tracking guitar or bass it's enough.

But well, thinking about the update, for 20 bucks more you can have the mbox2micro, so you can use PT8 with different digi interfaces and have the micro for editing in another computer in case you need.

meh, the idea is starting to get a little convoluted. I'd hate to spend the money for an mbox simply to use it as a dongle (along with the iLok already) to be able to edit at work.

250 for PTMP is prett good, but then getting into the toolkit (395) and the price of the smaller mbox stuff, it gets a little less appealing to do this.

I have a PTHD studio at my disposal, I've just not committed myself to learning PT there...I guess I should just focus on that. Then, if it ever came to me mixing on my setup at home, I could do all the transferring and such myself there at the studio.

Ive only ever had issues with the lack of ADC on a couple of plugins.. And normally its only noticable when I duplicate a track (say bass DI for example), and process both of them differently with various plugs, and blend to find some phasing issues created by the slight delay... Other than that its not too bad, manually nudging isnt too tough.

meh, the idea is starting to get a little convoluted. I'd hate to spend the money for an mbox simply to use it as a dongle (along with the iLok already) to be able to edit at work.

250 for PTMP is prett good, but then getting into the toolkit (395) and the price of the smaller mbox stuff, it gets a little less appealing to do this.

I have a PTHD studio at my disposal, I've just not committed myself to learning PT there...I guess I should just focus on that. Then, if it ever came to me mixing on my setup at home, I could do all the transferring and such myself there at the studio.

With PTMP 8 you have up to 48 tracks, so if you don't need more than that, you don't need the toolkit.

So with the Profire 2626 you already have, and the PTMP you have all, don't need any mbox, just the software.

But if you need to bring the laptop to work and all...it's crap, you still need the profire to maket PT work...

With PTMP 8 you have up to 48 tracks, so if you don't need more than that, you don't need the toolkit.

So with the Profire 2626 you already have, and the PTMP you have all, don't need any mbox, just the software.

But if you need to bring the laptop to work and all...it's crap, you still need the profire to maket PT work...

yep, and doing that would entail carrying much more stuff into my office than necessary (and probably drawing much more looks than simply carrying my laptop case - which could result in someone pissing and moaning about it).