Help me answer these important questions

Timothy Dalton. Better know as the green-wearing Prince in Flash Gordon.

Thing is, I read interviews with many Bond afficianados, and they pretty much agree that Dalton's Bond was the closest to what Ian Fleming had in mind.

It's still hard for me to accept Brosnan as Bond. Connery and Moore were the best.

I hate Halle Berry. But I'd still do her.

I want my ashes to be scattered in Joshua Tree. Either that or used to flavor a thousand bar-b-ques.

best thing about Halle Berry is her legs. The boob shot in Swordfish was way overrated, kinda like Berry herself.

I totally want to be buried when I'm dead. A great big fucking huge headstone that says "LOOK AT ME, I'M AWESOME!" and a big fuckoff party. I think I'd deserve it :)

And I dunno about Bond villains or babes, but Timothy Dalton was definately the best Bond :)

J. said:
It's still hard for me to accept Brosnan as Bond. Connery and Moore were the best.
Really? I think Brosnan is pretty good. It's the films that aren't as good though. I mean, Roger Moore was lucky in that there were still Fleming novels to turn into films, so although The Spy Who Loved Me is a great, great movie, I'm not sure if that also implies that Moore made a good 007 IMO.

JayKeeley said:
Really? I think Brosnan is pretty good. It's the films that aren't as good though. I mean, Roger Moore was lucky in that there were still Fleming novels to turn into films, so although The Spy Who Loved Me is a great, great movie, I'm not sure if that also implies that Moore made a good 007 IMO.
Maybe that's what it is, but I really enjoy Moore as 007, just not as much as Connery. Connery had the best of both worlds. He was the best Bond and had the best films (Goldfinger, Dr. No, Thunderball), but I liked Moore a lot, because he brought humor to the films. He also had some great roles in The Man With the GOlden Gun, Live and Let Live, and Spy Who Loved Me.

I think Timothy Dalton got a raw deal. He had to follow Moore, who was a fan favorite and who starred in the most Bond films (Connery was in 6, unless you count the remake Never Say Never Again). On top of that, he's clearly not as good-looking as either Moore, COnnery, or Brosnan. On top of that, the two Bond films with him are below average. The Living Daylights was atrocious, and License to Kill has Bond out for revenge against drug dealers.

I admit I haven't seen all the Brosnan films. Goldeneye, though, was a pitiful, pitiful movie. The best part about it was that Famke Janssen had an orgasm every time she killed someone. The World is Not Enough was pretty good, though. Sophie Marceau was an excellent Bond girl, and the villian was fantastic. But Denise Richards almost ruined that movie.

Haven't seen the others. I like Pierce Brosnan, but his Bond films seem to rely more on getting the latest popular celebrity as the Bond girl (Denise Richards, Halle Berry, Teri Hatcher) to attract an audience than anything else. At least Goldeneye had two unknowns as Bond girls, and that jump started their careers.

Even Britney Spears has expressed interest in being a Bond girl. :ill:

JayKeeley said:
:lol: You realize he was Welsh, right?!
No shit? GodDAMN!!!

Welsh > Scots :saint:

I'm gonna watch one of them Dalton films tonight I think. Probably Liscence To Kill :) the truck chase at the end rocks!

Oh aye, true. Sick motherfucker.

I thought the guy in A View To A Kill was the most sadistic though. What was the p;oint in the whole part of that film anyway?

And what's the film where Bond's on a submarine that gets swallowed up by a bigger submarine and they go have a gunfight? That was amazing!

J. said:
but I liked Moore a lot, because he brought humor to the films. He also had some great roles in The Man With the GOlden Gun, Live and Let Live, and Spy Who Loved Me.
You mean 'Live and Let Die'. :loco: And Moonraker was a good follow up to SWLM. Octopussy was the beginning of the end for Moore. At that point he was too old. As bad as Dalton was, I thought Living Daylights was a better movie than For your Eyes Only and View to a Kill. It was the whole beach boys snowboarding thing that finished Moore off for good IMO.

License to Kill has Bond out for revenge against drug dealers.
That could be my least favourite Bond movie. Throwing Felix into the Shark infested pool, only to see him later with a graze on his leg was weak. If sharks are going to be used in a Bond movie, you better hire that same shark you used in Spy who Loved Me. Shit, Jaws killed it. Oh well, some other hungrier shark then.

I admit I haven't seen all the Brosnan films.
Tomorrow Never Dies is his best one, with an outstanding intro piece (probably one of the best ever). It's also got Michelle Yeoh kicking ass and taking names, and one seriously good helicopter / motorbike stunt.

I really don't follow actors at all :oops: never knew those two was Welsh...

JayKeeley said:
The Spy who Loved Me.
Sweet :) should go dig it up someday soon. Can't remember for the life of me what it's supposed to be about!