Help me choose cds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by godisanathiest
Ok, I'll get either ravishing grimness or transylvanian hubngher depending on which I feel like when I'm there :D Cheers

Transylvanian hunger! So pure!
Best production is the new one, but I like the Darkthrone-classic more than the latest, Pure cold black metal!

Ulver is the only band in which you should spend your money :p
maybe you'd like Bergtatt, black metal with acoustic passages, or Kveldssanger, acoustic with clean vocals.

Nattens Madrigal is pure black metal that you won't like 'cause it may sound worst than Darkthrone ( :D ) and the latest are more electro-based... "Themes From William Blake's The Marriage of Heaven and Hell" is sort of trip-hop/electronic graced with Mr. Garm's 'operatic' vocals. Metamorphosis is more electronic but since it's just an ep it may not be worth it for you.... and the latest two are both ambient..

that is the best i can explain it :cry:

Originally posted by astarte
Ulver is the only band in which you should spend your money :p
maybe you'd like Bergtatt, black metal with acoustic passages, or Kveldssanger, acoustic with clean vocals.

Nattens Madrigal is pure black metal that you won't like 'cause it may sound worst than Darkthrone ( :D ) and the latest are more electro-based... "Themes From William Blake's The Marriage of Heaven and Hell" is sort of trip-hop/electronic graced with Mr. Garm's 'operatic' vocals. Metamorphosis is more electronic but since it's just an ep it may not be worth it for you.... and the latest two are both ambient..

that is the best i can explain it :cry:

It sounds like I'll be likingmost of it then! :D I don't think my local cd shop has any tho :cry: I'll have to try and get it off the internet! :D

The newest Darkthrone album(Plague Wielder) is actually produced well(in terms of Darkthrone production) and has some melody. I've heard every Borknagar album, and I'd have to say my favorite is Quintessence, so go with that.

Try Enthroned and Ancient rites (yes, always promoting belgian bands...).
Don't know about ulver, I only heard their last CD (don't buy!).
Gorgoroth might also be worth a shot if looking for stuff like Darkthrone, and probably 100 of other bands, don't feel like naming them all :(

Originally posted by humus666
Try Enthroned and Ancient rites (yes, always promoting belgian bands...).
Don't know about ulver, I only heard their last CD (don't buy!).
Gorgoroth might also be worth a shot if looking for stuff like Darkthrone, and probably 100 of other bands, don't feel like naming them all :(

Cool, but I'm only getting Darkthrone as its kinda one of the originals, I can't be arsed to get 1000's of unoriginal clones ;) I'm looking for more melodic, or symphonic well written stuff, or something experiomental, not just ordinaryu black metal. Except of course Darkthrone ;)

Now, I have to buy that thirteen candles album :rolleyes: ;)

I second Ulver... Ulver is great. I have Kveldssanger, the entirely acoustic folkish album... It's absolutely beautiful. A portable CD player with that during a walk in the forests a winternight... Try it, you'll like it :p

I have only heard two songs off Bergtatt, but those were very good. Atmospheric black metal with great clean vocals courtesy of Garm and really great (norwegian) lyrics.

I have only heard one song off Nattens Madrigal, but that must be one of the best black metal songs ever... It's the first track, Wolf And Fear, and it's absolutely beautiful in all its harshness.. The part where the distorted guitars kick in after the acoustic part always sends a chill down my spine.

Conclusion: GET THE FIRST THREE ULVER ALBUMS! The End Records has 'em, probably Century Media too.

Originally posted by phyre
I have only heard two songs off Bergtatt, but those were very good. Atmospheric black metal with great clean vocals courtesy of Garm and really great (norwegian) lyrics.

I have only heard one song off Nattens Madrigal, but that must be one of the best black metal songs ever... It's the first track, Wolf And Fear, and it's absolutely beautiful in all its harshness.. The part where the distorted guitars kick in after the acoustic part always sends a chill down my spine.
Nattens Madrigal is indeed the best black metal album ever ;)
(well it shares the place with Bergtatt)

You should get those yourself, both are beautiful throughout

Ok the outcome - sorry Herase, no Dimmu :mad: Which pissed me off. no borkagnar :mad:

I got transilvanian hunger - may be good, but I can't hear under the crap produiction :D

Bought a cd by sum1 called Otep cos I liked the cover, turns out to be very shit :mad:

I got Anthems... by Emperor,only to find out there was no cd in it after I opened it - apparently people take the cds out of the cases by opening them at the hinges so when I go to buy it there's no cd in it :mad: Thats happened twioce now. Neway, that was their one copy so they're ordering one in for me

My best purchase - Ulver - Perdition City - Music for an interior film :D This may not be metal, and I was looking to expand my metal collection buuuuuutttttt..... this is so fucking good! :headbang: The best cd I've bought in quite a while, hell this is amazing! :D I've been listening to it almost non-stop, really coolJazzy bits, some remaniscent of trip-hop, electronica, hugely eclectic, it's such a cool album. Cheers people :D

Status
Not open for further replies.