Help me recall here...

red_beef

Huh?!
Mar 17, 2002
Somewhere
Due to my long absent, I want to know what happen around UM lately. First, what the heck happen to In Flames board? It's missing for what reason? Sure there's more band that before, which is good. But for some reason I seem to found other band forum missing too... help recall me here...

-red_beef

No one really knows for sure, except for the band members and Fredrik Kreem. However, there's the HMAS Un-Official In Flames forum you might want to check out.

other boards might be missing because starting from last november bands have to pay a small fee for having their official forum hosted here. some bands were not willing to pay so they either moved elsewhere or stopped having an official board altogether.

rahvin.

Regarding why the In Flames forum was removed, here's a quote from an old post of mine:

Okay, here's some not-so-official-yet-rather-reliable info:

I went to the IF-concert in Tampere yesterday (more to see Soilwork and Pain, but anyway). After the gig (which was great - my arms and neck hurt like hell), I met several guys from the band at a local bar and had a little chat with the very cheerful Anders Fridén. I asked him about the disappearance of the forum and his reply was something along the lines of:

Yes, we shut it. There was too much shit going around, people who don't know us talking fucked up things about our lives, etc.

I agreed with that, but asked why they didn't just try to moderate the discussion there, where Anders replied something like:

That would be dishonest, we don't want to prevent people from talking shit, they just need to talk shit at someplace else.

I tried to ask him, if he realized how disappointed some of their fans were, but he simply said that:

The ones to blame are those few, who had been insulting the band and the real fans will find a place somewhere

He gave me the impression that In Flames (or at least Anders personally) was very fed up with all the internet-communication regarding the band and wanted to turn back the time to those days when artists didn't necessarily need to be in any contact with their fans, except for the gigs (and he said they had enjoyed the whole tour a lot) - despite the lack of realism there, I have to admit they did the right thing, if the forum really was bothering them that much. Perhaps they just should have done it a few years earlier (but that's hindsight)...

About the lack of a pre-warning or an explanation, he just said that there had been too much hazzle regarding their explanation for the previous forum-closing, so that they just decided to exterminate it all and forget about it.

Note that we were both somewhat drunk during our small conversation (and some too good-looking girl was stealing the majority of Anders' attention from me) and thus the above sentences should not be taken as direct quotes.

...and that still appears to be the most anyone has got out from them about this issue.

-Villain

Originally posted by rahvin
(Dwarfish wise speech here) ... some bands were not willing to pay so they either moved elsewhere or stopped having an official board altogether.

Yes, there are some bands who left this host due to that fee. And that's something to include into the "I felt so ashamed when..." thread. Specially when a young and mostly unknown band like Asgaroth has started here paying that fee. Incredible.

|ng (Grgrgegrgrgrg)