rescue DT

I don't believe that all of the Opeth forum people are close-minded, maybe the majority, but not all... Hearse is pretty cool and probably a few others are as well.

That is pretty bad if a lot of the Opeth people do not want to listen to other types of music. I've been to another board with very crazy people and they do listen to other types of music outside their "genre". They mostly hated the music I recommended, but at least they listened to it. :)

Anyways, I've never been able to "get" Opeth; I've heard a few songs but don't feel it is anything special. :p
Give me some Corrosion of Conformity any day. :D

@Misanthrope: It's good to see you here the way you really are :)

Siren (wishing herself an easy night.......)

Originally posted by Misanthrope
Hehehe does it matters really? those people are the ones who usually control everyone else into what they want and think anyway.

*bowing and touching the pavement with his forehead*
yes, misanthrope, they are the ones who control what i want.
yes, misanthrope, they are the ones who control what i think.
:D

rahvin. (controlled freak)

I think it's strange that almost every band seems to have a "type" of fans... i.e. most or the greater part of the fans of a certain band seem to have a lot in common in terms of behaviour and attitude. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case with a special music-genre as a whole (in our case metal), but even inside metal sub-genres the fans are totally different...each single band has their own type of fans.
What is the reason for that? Does the very own style of a band trigger (for example) stupidity, close-mindedness, ignorance and all that, or are there other reasons? :confused::confused:

The more simple and digerible and less mature the band is, the more simple and stupid the fans get. DT is very sofisticated and intellectual music ( dont ask why it just feels that way ) so this is why this forum is good...Opeth is a bit on the selfish side as music, it doesnt makes it avaible to the average person and its usually too concern with song structure to realize you gotta put a front door in your music, and opeth fans seem to attach themselves to the actitude "If you dont get Opeth you suck" Opeth also is a band wich takes careful steps into evolution never taking too much chances ( mr Å promised a radical change in one of the new cds and a radical UNchange in one of the cds, i suspect the unchanged album is just so he doesnt loose the fanbase and therefore the record deals ) and usually opeth fans who are really fanatic about them are a close minded about music and change. Go take a look at the amount of people over there saying DT is crap, soilworks new album is crap, x band with y new elements in their sound its crap, etch. They immediatly think simple = sellout when simple can be a proof of maturity in songwriting, not having to wonder around for 20 minutes to express what you want in a song.

Anthrax is a typical american band, and if you go to their forum it shows, its a typical american forum foor good or for bad ( most likely for bad ).

I think each band sound appeals certain kind of fans, this is why msot metalheads feel threaten by nu-metal cause nu-metal appeals simple minds that let other people ( mainly mtv and media ) think for themselves and they are like "THIS is kid rock, you dont know him and we just fucking contracted him he is a nobody but I say HE RULES, IM playing his music and YOU will like him". Automatic succes. :rolleyes:

@misanthrope

wow.........deep stuff dude.....

i agree with you totally..... but its not always so cleanly delineated between types of people.... I listen to quite a number of different bands, and i think a few people on the poll had trouble believing that I could like most of the bands i knew on it... especially the nevermore crew.... i mean i like nevermore, dt, arcturus, vintersorg, death, dimmu, the kovenant, etc., but the resepective groups (excluding dt for some reason... all the dt fans seemed to not care at all :) ) seemed to think i was a traitor cause i claimed to like the band and voted against them... oh well......

I know I shouldn't care, but the 9th round of this stupid band-survivor is on...Dark Tranquillity survived the last round.

The only reason why I still care is because all of those dumbasses who constantly sream that Dark Tranquillity sucked seem to be very pissed now...it seems that Nevermore fans don't like DT. They all claim that we DT fans cheated and stuff :lol: Well...it's funny to see how upset they are, so let's do it again ;)

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/t22657/s.html

The only good thing about it is bashing them and other fun things on the off topic part and you guys shouldnt be bothered with anything else.

Prometo traer mi a la huelga al del 'Dark Tranquillity' foro . de modo que pueda destruir todo aquí. :D

And well im not an Opethian, if im over there most of the time is just because this forum is way too slow for my needs, but it doesnt means i like it better than this one, i will always be a DT fan first and foremost

kisser del asno :rolleyes:

I am neither an opethian, Misanthrope... But the opeth forum rules, it is fast, and there are lots of stupid people to bash and make fun and jokes of. :lol:

See you there.

:lol:

Have you heard "The politics of ecstasy" by nevermore? You should misanthrope, if you appreciate chuck's guitarwork, then i beleive that you would enjoy Jeff Loomis' prog guitarwork on POE.

I don't like Nevermore's new stuff, Dead Heart In A Dead World is CRAP, terrible. I hate it... Even DT are better than new nevermore.

but OLD nevermore like POE and Dreaming Neon Black is awesome, really really awesome and 'revolutionary' guitarwork and musicianship... i love it.

*shrug*

I'll browse whichever forums i bloody well want to thankyou!

Originally posted by Kovenant84
but the resepective groups (excluding dt for some reason... all the dt fans seemed to not care at all :) ) seemed to think i was a traitor cause i claimed to like the band and voted against them... oh well......
You mean you voted DT off? You traitor! :mad: :mad: :mad:

:p :p :p ;)

Originally posted by Misanthrope
whoever would be truly able to participate in it would have to despair about the value of life; if he were able to grasp and feel mankind's overall consciousness in himself, he would collapse with a curse against existence‑for mankind, as whole, has no goals and consequently, considering the whole affair, man cannot find his comfort and support in it, but rather his despair. If, in everything he does, he considers the ultimate aimlessness of men, his own activity acquires the character of squandering in his eyes. But to feel squandered as mankind (and not just as an individual), as we see the single blossom squandered by nature, is a feeling above all feelings.

But who is capable of it? Certainly only a poet‑and poets always know how to comfort themselves.

I still think your signature is too long :lol:

Anyway, I listen to Dark Tranquillity and Opeth, shoot me now :D

i only second the part about your signature. man, you gotta be simpler. :p

rahvin. (who could never ever stand ppl with overlong signatures or the habit to add a few words after their names at the end of a message on a board... :rolleyes: )

Originally posted by VultureCulture
i second that. all of the last post :)

Oh great getting supported by an annoying paperclip :lol: :lol:
I get scared when I see that thing, makes me think someone has installed Word on my computer :eek: :puke:

i see you are trying to type a post. may i

1. send personal info about you to microsoft?
2. crash the computer?
3. go away?