Help Me Get Into Dt!!!

david411

May 7, 2002
Seattle WA
Visit site
ok ill be honest i dont kno anything about this band but for some strange reason i feel that i would like them, i havent heard any of there stuff but sumthing inside me is telling me to go buy one of there cds, i notice lots of people when they talk about there favorite bands they might say In Flames, The Haunted, At The Gates, Opeth, Soilwork and Dark Tranquility. I like ALL those bands but i havent heard any dark tranquility WHAT CD SHOULD I BUY!!!!!!!!?

Hey Final Vision You should make a thread for these questions too ;)

But you might wanna go with The Gallery and then The Mind's I

then work your way around other DT albums ;)

Good Luck and Have fun :)

I was gonna reply to this thread with that offer, but I didnt wanna be an asshole hehe.

I think rahv doesnt wanna stick anything else to the top of the page anyway, itll just get lost

most ppl remarked there's already enough threads sticking, so i guess i'll "stick up" (*ahem*... sorry, i'm a bit tired... ;) ) with two, even though they might change according to circumstances.
for instance, the "check this band" thread it's not used so often and i could always merge (attention, phyre! ;) ) new threads about it into that one whenever it's necessary.

as for this topic, david441's spontaneous approach to getting into dt at least made me smile. :)

rahvin.

Originally posted by poet
Hey Final Vision You should make a thread for these questions too ;)

But you might wanna go with The Gallery and then The Mind's I

then work your way around other DT albums ;)

Good Luck and Have fun :)

What he said. :)

I was just about to release my "Short Dark Tranquillity -history" here, but then I realized it's outdated. I guess I need to rewrite it...

Oh, and getting Damage Done now is what I suggest.

-Villain (tired, sad)

I think their best is Skydancer/Of Chaos And Eternal Light .

Even thought The Gallery is a damn good album!

Skydancer seems like it'd be tough to get into as an introductory album though, because the production and vox kinda blow. Even on the remaster. That's something to get once you've established, 'hey this band rules!'