New Fan Of DT....Need Album Suggestions

So, I've never been that big of a fan of Dark Tranquillity. I've had the albums Damage Done and Character for a few years now, but never got around to listening to any of their older stuff. I listened to The Gallery today because I heard it was a masterpiece... HOLY SHIT! I had no idea these guys used to write such technical & intricate music! It's almost on par with Death/Cynic type of stuff. Fuck, I can't believe how good some off the riffs and melodys are on this album, awesome musicianship.

Anyways, what albums would you guys suggest I get next? I like very good intricate guitar work, lots of tempo changes and what not. Did Dark Tranquility ever do another album similar to The Gallery guitar wise?what would you suggest out of these albums I get next:The Mind's I, Projector, Haven.

If you love The Gallery that much I would recommend its neighbours The Mind's I and Skydancer (how could you forget ;) ).

If you love The Gallery that much I would recommend its neighbours The Mind's I and Skydancer (how could you forget ;) ).

Actually "Of Chaos and Eternal Night" is a much closer neighbor to "The Gallery" than "Skydancer" is, musically and chronologically. Good suggestion. I also think "Fiction" is as good (albeit different from) as "the Gallery" and "the Mind's I."

Oh, I've already got Skydancer and Fiction too, forgot to mention those. But yeah i'll check out The Mind's I next I think.

Actually "Of Chaos and Eternal Night" is a much closer neighbor to "The Gallery" than "Skydancer" is, musically and chronologically. Good suggestion. I also think "Fiction" is as good (albeit different from) as "the Gallery" and "the Mind's I."

Oh yes I have to agree (Shame on me). You should get the Of Chaos and Eternal Night EP. It is the closest one to The Gallery and just amazing.