New Fan Of DT....Need Album Suggestions

EvilDeadGod

!DIE!
May 5, 2002
Texas
Yes, I am new fan....I listened to Bodom,In Flames, Arch Enemy, Soilwork(why I haven't listened to DT up till now, I do not know). The other day I was on Kazaa and was interested in hearing Dark Tranquility, so I downloaded "ThereIn" and was blown away:yow:..Im into fast-melodic death and slow somber tunes...
Any Suggestions??? :headbang:

"Therein" is off Projector.. that was a tough one for me to get into at first though.

The new one Damage Done is awesome.

and, Skydancer is great too, especially when you consider it's their first album.. the vox are bad in parts but the guitars make up for it.

Hey im a big fan of in flames and on there board i always here them talk about dt so i thought i would check em out but have had a hard time finding alot of stuff. anyway i wanted to ask what would be a good cd to start out with. let me add that in flames first cd lunar strian, which i am told the vocals are done by the dt guy, i didnt like the vocals really that much. however, on the dt site i found the song monochromaic stains and i really liked that song and the vocals were cool too. so im wondering will i maybe not like some of ther earlier stuff? tell me what you guys think.

Bah, I'd say go for "Projector" and "Damage Done" if you liked the "There In" song....the early DT stuff is for hardcore enthusiasts, very primitive and technical. If you *must* get an earlier DT album then get "The Mind's I", it's the transition cd for a better and more throughly evolved DT.

So, did In Flames and Dark Tranquility just exchange singers at one point? I'm not too up on the history of these bands, but I know that Anders did vox for DT and you guys confirmed for me that Mikael did vox for In Flames on Lunar Strain [and Subterranean, too, right?] Thanks.

This should probably be put onto the FAQ, but anyways, here goes:

DT lineup on Skydancer (and before):
Anders Fridén: Vocals
Niklas Sundin: Guitars
Mikael Stanne: Guitars & backing vocals
Martin Henriksson: Bass
Anders Jivarp: Drums

IF lineup on Lunar Strain:
Mikael Stanne: Vocals
Jesper Strömblad: Drums & guitars
Glenn Ljungström: Guitars
Carl Näslund: Guitars
Johan Larsson: Bass

So, Mikael Stanne was a member of DT, who just did "guest-vocals" on Lunar Strain (not on Subterranean, that's a completely different guy). Now, some time after Skydancer was recorded, Anders Fridén left DT (but did not join IF yet) and Mikael switched to vocals only (and Fredrik Johansson joined DT at guitars) - with this line-up they did all the following recordings up to and including Projector. IF, on the other hand, had lots of member-changes during that time and finally right before The Jester Race was recorded, Anders Fridén joined the band.

I hope this cleared things up a little.

-Villain (the Doc)

What is the best DT album? I have only heard bits and pieces of the following albums.. what is the best album and what are the best songs?

The Minds I
Projector
Haven (I loved not built to last)
Damage Done