A Bolt Of Blazing Gold
With The Flaming Shades Of Fall
Punish My Heaven
Dreamlore Degenerate
To A Bitter Halt
At Loss For Words
Final Resistance

that's one from each album.. i think.

They've changed styles kinda, but they've always painted the same picture, just w/ different brushes sometimes. (wow, that was fuckin poetic)

:mad: FUCKIN' POETIC :mad:

i discovered the discs in roughly this order...

Projector
Skydancer
Skydancer/OCAEN split
Enter Suicidal Angels
The Gallery
The Minds I
Haven
Damage Done

within this span of time i discovered mp3s of some old demo tracks, some bonus tracks, and a couple of live P3 performances. TMI disc didn't sink in right away for me (like Opeth's MAYH), but after it did sink in it quickly became one of the top favorites, and completely wrecked the ranking i had earlier... errr... and Projector was the latest offering around that time, too. ;-)

edit: typo

Originally posted by Soulburner
I think "Skydancer", "The Mind's I", "The Gallery", "Projector", "Haven" and "Damage Done" could be considered as best albums of Dark Tranquillity :D

Seriously: if you like DD, you may buy any of their albums, they all are great... Haven and TMI are more similar to DD than others though...

Agreed :D maybe except Projector... I think this one is a bit boring. But hey, there´s really no question, get `em all! :)

Damage Done fucking ROCKS, but we all know that already :]

i'm not a huge fan of stanne's clean vocals (too deep and lofty sounding), and projector is chock full of them.. although "The Sun Fired Blanks" is one of my alltime DT favs

check out The Gallery (technical and complex) or The Mind's I (aggressive, more like Damage Done), two incredible albums

Wow, most of you are really biased towards the newer stuff. I have to say that my favorite songs by DT are on "...of chaos and eternal night" (ie. away, delight away and title track), but the gallery is their magum opus in my opinion. After that their songs get more thrashy, which isn't my cup of tea.

hey. well, i've known Dark Tranquillity for about a year, but only have 2 albums:
Skydancer/Of Chaos and Eternal Night
The Gallery

i was wondering which album i should get next. i was thinking either Damage Done, Haven, or The Mind's I. not sure though. i've heard stuff from each, and like it all about the same. thanks for the help.

oh, and if it helps any, i seem to like Skydancer a little more, but i have to listen to THe Gallery a few more times to really decide.

Hi! New to Dark Tranquility and looking for suggestions. I have Monochromatic Stains and Final Resistance on a Century Media sampler and I like them both a lot, any suggestions where to head next?

This is more me saying HELLO than anything else, I know I could find out more information on my own, but I might as well seek out some feedback first. :)