Melodic Death Metal

that is very true TheLastWithPaganBlood... i am a true old in flames fan. their older stuff is really too fucking amazing. when i got Reroute To Remain i was so disapointed cause they changed their style too much and no song is good. but i was hoping they'd get back to their orginal sound in their next release : Soundtrack To Your Escape.. but i was obviously mistaking. its more like Soundtrack to Escape From (joke, joke... hint hint) they are a dead band for me now :( how sad

PaganBlood said:
oh shit man this list could go on forever!!! Melodic Death is the shit.....But out of those bands i only like early soilwork and early DT especially the Minds I, Other than that.........here's a list:
a canorous quintet,
amon amarth,
the amythest,
arise,
arsis,
astriaal
at the gates,
befallen,
callenish circle,
cardinal sin,
carnal forge,
capharnaum,
old construcdead,
old dark tranquility,
deadspawn,
dimension zero,
embodied,
embraced,
enter my silence,
eternal lies,
eucharist,
fragments of unbecoming,
gates of ishtar,
guidance of sin,
hatesphere,
hypocrisy,
impious,
infernal method,
insomonium,
in thy dreams,
infernal method,
kataklysm,
koldborn,
naglfar,
the quiescent,
solar dawn,
soul demise,
taetre,
the crown,
thorium,
the duskfall,
twin obscenity,
vehemence,
veil of anguish,
withered beauty

Okay and which of these do not use or use sparingly synthesizers and keyboards, I hate that crap...

Fimbul-Winter said:
New Melodic Death Metal Band from South Germania/Bavaria!!
Death Metal from Bavaria seems to be uprising! Last weekend I have seen live a great Death band from Bavaria, too > Festering Saliva! They have one funny "horror" video on their homepage to their latest release. If you have a fast connection, go download it at www.festering-saliva.de > "Media" section ... and have a good laugh! :worship:

ej.. melodic death metal is one of my favourite kinds of metal. beside Amon Amarth I listen to At the Gates, dark tranquillity (the old albums and character, wich is in the old style!), Arch enemy (de new albums are the best!!), Kreator etc. But the most wonderful combination of metal is black and death mixed with eachother. Bands like God dethroned (from the netherlands, so if somebody said the netherlands have no good metalbands.. fuck you!), but also Belphegor is very good!
if somebody gots a very good (melodic)death metal band in his mind.. tell me!

Is Necrophagist brutal or melodic? :p I couldnt say if I like Melo death better or brutal death better, its pretty 50/50 I guess considering AA is my fav band.

Im not a fan of any other melo death band... what i mean by fan is that i dont like alot of there songs... I do like old in flames, SOME DT songs,SOME At the gates songs,SOME Kalmah songs,etc... I could say that i only like 5% to 20% of what these band made (just an example). As for AA i like pretty much all of it...

what do you guys think of Mors Principium Est?
i just got an album, it sounds good, i didnt really get into it yet.

Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness Thats a fucking awesome album. Not all of it was melodic, but i'd say about 75% of it overall was melodic. One by One at like 2:50 into the song...best Immortal riff ever....

yes, the new album of immortal is good! but i thought we had it over death.. and not black..

an good death-metal band is belphegor.. in many songs they have put very strong black metal so you can better call them death/black metal
www.belphegor.at