Best Melodic Death Metal Bands?

Thank you for your intriguing analysis, I guess I did not make myself clear enough when stating bands, and I do apologize...

Illdisposed- I am referring to Helvede and Kokaniium most of all, Kokaniium is completely melodic, and a fucking good album, and their new unreleased material is highly melodic as well (which is not circulating as of yet, but wait until you can get your hands on this)....

Vehemence- Their album God Was Created is very melodic, this is if you bothered to listen to it, chicks and pot...whats new, eh?

Opeth- to me they can be considered slightly Death Metal/or just metal, I consider them incredibly harmonous, so I just put them on here...

I agree that Death Metal was never "supposed" to be Melodic, but this sub genre has surfaced, and it is fucking great, I am happy that Death Metal has come out of being somewhat monotonous at times, and has added new elements!

Indeed, Belgar....I should have speculated which albums in specific I was talking about....Well, do give Vehemence a chance GWC is a pretty Melodic album, but their next release that is due out in April 2004 on Metal Blade should be more saturated with melody and bit more progressed.

cheers:)

I think the melodic scene produced some killer stuff but it's the same as any other subgenre in the way that it breeds itself out with all the endless copycats and borrowings. I don't know about you foreign guys, but up here in Sweden we're getting tired of it 'cause it's a style that is plaued by every band here with little originality. Instead I'd advice you to check out the newer Swedish bands like Visceral Bleeding, Spawn of Possession and Insision.

My take on these nicknames!
Melodic Death Metal, you got to call it something!

Ill Disposed seem to call themselves that now, the old to the new ..I would have called it Melodic Brutal Death Metal MBDM.o_O It boggles me of the genre names these days. Death and Black, were the basic, then countless others came out. Something Melodic within Death metal at least has to be called "melodic death metal" because there are more bands with that style than the sillier nicknames. (add melodic death metal to the metal dictionary) the catch is…be sure to describe the vocal styling or you will confuse the people!

Aside from that..

I just heard the new Arch Enemy, "radio rips off a Swedish radio station" 3 songs that sound like they have not progressed, more like de-progressed
- although it still sounds like the Arch Enemy sound that was given in Wages of Sin. I am left with this face right here :Smug: unfortunately. Ill have to wait to hear the rest of the album.