Best Melodic Death Metal Bands?

Belgar

The Wallonian Redneck.
SWEET NIGHTMARE said:
HAIL GUYS, WHO DO YOU THINK R THE BEST MELODIC DEATH METAL BANDS? :Spin:

Mortician is good, i mean if you like horror movies....... all hails to Mortician , Will and Roger for some piece of horror metal.
What qualifies a death metal band to be melodid anyways? the word death in itself is total opposit to melodic.

Most melodic death metal tend to suck, but I'll tell you the most underrated bands are definately Without Grief and Guidance of Sin.

There are a lot of bands who mix up both styles in the past and it is hard to say, if all bands are exactly this genre...
Ok, but in this direction, my faves are AA, In Flames and maybe Soilwork and Arch Enemy...

Yeah, Soilwork! I can't see why people diss them so much, in my opinion they've got ten times more class than N*Flamez..

yeah!! AT THE GATES!!! \m/
i like the old amorphis before they got all loose in the ass...
heartwork was a realy good melodic album....
amon amarth af corse....
death
kataklysm
other stuff...

I personally think Guidance of Sin had some of the most beautiful music written (songs like Soul Disparity go check 'em out) but that's just me...I even had a dream where the music was playing and due to the content it was very very fitting.

Sacrilege! (the band, not yelling at anyone) they dont exist anymore, but they are worth listening to if you like the melodic death.

|---Killer MD bands---|
Amon Amarth
A Canorous Quintet
Callenish Circle
Enter My Silence
Guidance of Sin
Construcdead
Kataklysm
Soul Demise
THorium
At The Gates
Solar Dawn
Taetre
Eternal Lies
Sickening
The Black Dahlia Murder
Infernal Method (FUCKING AMAZING!!!)
Deadspawn
Vehemance
Old Soilwork
Old In Flames
Old Dark Tranquility
Ablaze My Sorrow
The Crown
Dimension Zero
Prophanity
Withered Beauty
Cardinal Sin
Ceremonial Oath
Duskfall
Impious
Eucharist
Gates of Ishtar
Hypocrisy
In Thy Dreams
The Forsaken
Sins of Omission

hehe that should be enough!

i really like old in flames - used to be my favorite band before this last album and i got into amon amarth. also marduk, albeit not all theirs is melodic, but if you like amon amarth im sure youd like them.

grottekvarnen said:
i really like old in flames - used to be my favorite band before this last album and i got into amon amarth. also marduk, albeit not all theirs is melodic, but if you like amon amarth im sure youd like them.

Marduk is in a totally different genre and I have yet to find melodies in Marduk's music. Although they have released slower songs in their last 2 albums, Marduk is all about letting the 502 Panzer Divison crush the feeble minds. Bloodletting blackmetal assault.

Marduk is in no way related to the Gothenburg hype and not melodic either. Umm Naglfar or Dissection are quite melodic BM though.

but hey if you wanna hear REAL Swedish death metal then check out Spawn of Possession, Insision or Visceral Bleeding. I'm damn thrilled that true DM is on its way back in SE now that we were drowning in melodic copycats, total mediocrity some of them.

PaganBlood said:
btw its spelt Favourite....
not in the US. we spell everything wrong over here... favorite, color, tv, ...balloon?

belgar said:
Marduk is in a totally different genre and I have yet to find melodies in Marduk's music. Although they have released slower songs in their last 2 albums, Marduk is all about letting the 502 Panzer Divison crush the feeble minds. Bloodletting blackmetal assault.
not all of theirs is melodic, and its not their main thing, but there are some in there... "to the death's head true", "castrum doloris", "dreams of blood and iron", "anno domini 1476", "Ars Moriendi", "Pompa Funebris 1660", "la grande danse macabre", and "summer end" ...etc. la grande... was their most melodic one, even if they aint from gothenburg. if you consider amon amarth melodic, then you should consider at least some of these the same.

grottekvarnen said:
not in the US. we spell everything wrong over here... favorite, color, tv, ...balloon?

not all of theirs is melodic, and its not their main thing, but there are some in there... "to the death's head true", "castrum doloris", "dreams of blood and iron", "anno domini 1476", "Ars Moriendi", "Pompa Funebris 1660", "la grande danse macabre", and "summer end" ...etc. la grande... was their most melodic one, even if they aint from gothenburg. if you consider amon amarth melodic, then you should consider at least some of these the same.

OK, we must have a different conception of melodic. Marduk's slower songs sound nowhere near melodic, they are raw, in your face blasphemy the way Marduk's music has been played for the last 10 years.
In my opinion, melodic, is e.a Dark Tranquility's "Punish my Heaven" that to me sound melodic. Just my 2cents. I don't really consider AA melodic, the thread is about melodic death metal, Marduk being BM didn't fit in the category to begin with.