Melodic Death Metal

Celtik Militia

Dumb French Bastard
Aug 12, 2004
Paris
i'd like to know what you guys in this forum think of other melo death bands... cause thats mostly what i listen to but i've been here for some time now and i havent heard any of you talking about good melo death bands.

what do you think of In Flames, Dark Tranquility, At The Gates, Soilwork, Arch Enemy etc..? (to name the famous ones)

PS: i like those bands except the last In Flames albums and Soilwork. theres also a good one from my country called Scarve and you guys should really check it out if you like melo death.

Dark Tranquillity rocks.. also if you haven't heard Finnish music there are some very interesting melodeath bands: Insomnium and Mors Principium Est to name a few! Melodic death metal seems to be one of the growing genres these days.. It's simply too sad that every other band has to start evolving to a point where the music isn't as good anymore In Flames being a good example. Oh and if you like slower stuff try out Swallow The Sun :worship:

Melodic death metal is my favourite tipi of metal . Kalmah is the best of all ;) the other are awesome too -> norther , children of bodom , OLDIn flames , wintersun , Skyfire ... ... ... \m/

MeloDeath is what I started out listening to way back in the day. I still love it but now I've been listening to just pure death. But yeah there are a lot of fantastic musicians in MeloDeath.

I really like melodeath. Arch Enemy's "Wages of Sin" album is really good. American melodeath metal bands like Beyond The Embrace and The Black Dahlia Murder are great bands.

oh shit man this list could go on forever!!! Melodic Death is the shit.....But out of those bands i only like early soilwork and early DT especially the Minds I, Other than that.........here's a list:
a canorous quintet,
amon amarth,
the amythest,
arise,
arsis,
astriaal
at the gates,
befallen,
callenish circle,
cardinal sin,
carnal forge,
capharnaum,
old construcdead,
old dark tranquility,
deadspawn,
dimension zero,
embodied,
embraced,
enter my silence,
eternal lies,
eucharist,
fragments of unbecoming,
gates of ishtar,
guidance of sin,
hatesphere,
hypocrisy,
impious,
infernal method,
insomonium,
in thy dreams,
infernal method,
kataklysm,
koldborn,
naglfar,
the quiescent,
solar dawn,
soul demise,
taetre,
the crown,
thorium,
the duskfall,
twin obscenity,
vehemence,
veil of anguish,
withered beauty

i like In Flames,Dark Tranquillity,Wintersun,At the Gates
but i hate Soilwork....

but there are much better bands, than melodic death metal, for example Amon Amarth hehe

PaganBlood said:
oh shit man this list could go on forever!!! Melodic Death is the shit.....But out of those bands i only like early soilwork and early DT especially the Minds I,

whats wrong with new Dark Tranquility??? i like the last album pretty much.. the earlier stuff is maybe better but DT stayed what they were... unlike in flames for example which is a fucking disgrace. i see early in flames isnt in your list... you should reconsider it in my opinion cause i feel their old stuff really rules.
btw... i didnt know carnal forge and kataklysm were melo death :D .......

Hey man to tel u the truth i really havnt heard new DT well havnt heard there new shit for a few years. ANyway i would say carnal forge fits into this category you know steelbath suicide was along the same lines of carnal forge albums. Thrash melodic death........ANd definately kataklysm Listen to Prophecy man! a fucking mind blowing album and VERY melodic. Also with shadows and dust. And no worries Fimbul Winter and yes Infernal Method are fukcing killer!!! great aussie shit, also has Astennu from Dimmu Borgir in them......not that, that makes a differance haha

Mackinzie : Immortal melodic? did you listen to them prior to their last album? maybe not. To say that they are melodic DM is an insult and maybe you should be shot in the face. Go listen to Pure Holocaust and you come back ok? You could also say that Euronymous started nu metal and that Chris Barnes is the god of DM ... the stupid things I hear these days.