help me!

Hexer

Nov 1, 2003
Germany
Visit site
can anyone recommend me some songs and/or exercises to improve my guitar-playing? no speciall part of it, just anything, rythm, lead, shred, sweep, tapping, more complex rythm-stuff.......

I always learned quite a lot from learning some well chosen songs, but at the moment I'm under the impression that there are next to no songs on my current level.... either they are too easy so I'm not getting any further with anything (even if the song itself is cool an fun to play) or the stuff is so fast/complex/hard to play that I just cant do it...

can you recommend me something or should I just practice until I can play the really difficult stuff.

doesnt have to be any special sub-genre, I like pretty much anything from Powermetal to Grind

I know I'm not saying much about how good I am, but I dont really know what to tell you. ask questions please!

I'm not all that much of a lead-player so far, but I'm working on that at the moment, mostly by practising different technics (started working on tapping and sweeping for example) and speed and also jamming to stuff like some Slayer-songs and so on
so maybe lead-playing is a starting point, but rythm will do too!

LOL, maybe I should just go and practice my own stuff, I even WRITE songs (or at least parts of them) that are beyond my abilities quite often (I can only play like 80% of what I have recently written)

now that I think about it: maybe thats the best way after all...

yngwie malmsteen or however ya spell it- arpeggios from hell.

the first song of that style i ever learned. It sounds good, but has some badass stretches in it.