session guest

ether

°°§°°
Jan 14, 2002
Visit site
credits feature Simon Solomon -lead guitar- as session guest.
Is it possible to know in which songs has he contributed?

Another question about songs....I know everyone has composed 4 songs each, but i'm a bit confused about who plays the lead guitar and the rythm guitar in every song...or is it that for example in a song composed by Anders he plays both rythm and lead guitar and bass for example and so do the others?

smoke clears.....mystery reveals....haha!
well, each member plays all lead/rhythm guitars and bass on their own tracks, except for just the lead guitars on 'brave new hell', 'eaten', 'the ascension' and 'stillborn saviour' - in other words swanö's songs where he had this virtuos shredder step in to put everyone to shame...

thanx, you confirmed my suspicions!

The first time I heard the Cd I thought, wow who's playing those solos? and then I saw there was a session guitarist among the credits...hehe

so for those of us who have yet to purchase the cd, who wrote what? other than blakk doing outnumbering...

Jinn said:
Uh, how in the hell is Bloodbath going to do those songs live if a virtuoso shredder came in to do the solos on the recordings???
GOOD POINT THERE!!!
haha, it all backfired.... ehrr.... time to practice then... hmm... where did i put that malmsteen instruction video...

Blakkheim said:
GOOD POINT THERE!!!
haha, it all backfired.... ehrr.... time to practice then... hmm... where did i put that malmsteen instruction video...

^^
I never get sick of this guy's posts :)
you can do it, man!

and come back to Canada!! you were awesome in montreal last year, but you fuckers didnt come down to the bar after the show like daniel said you would, so you have to come back!!

the risk is this band won't play much live, which is a shame of course.
and playing live not doing "eaten" would feel st00pid to me.

so, you mentioned the member who wrote a song dig all the stringwork in that song? That was the case on the Ribspreader album, bolted to the cross. Meaning, for instance, Dan doesn't to a shite in Cancer of the Soul?

Blakkheim said:
GOOD POINT THERE!!!

:tickled:

I'm sure you could nail those solos Anders, you're a complete pimp of metal, and one of my biggest influences [ :worship: ] . Hell, if you can compose an entire Motion Picture Soundtrack, you can sure as fuck show up Simon Solomon. :headbang:

this means that in case Bloodbath is playing live( let's say without "in case") Anders is going to play the leads and Swanö the rythm guitar and of course Jonas the bass..
So now everyone should begin to study also the other songs he hans´t played in...ha ha so Anders turn off your playstation and begin to practise the "virtuoso guitarist" and good luck!

well, some more leads and solos in the new katatonia album would be also much appreciated!
cheerz :wave:

'eaten' is by far the people fave and hit of the new album, so it has a solid place in the trakklist on every gig, maybe even an encore status!?

the solo situation will be worked out.. u know, i turned to lord vader and he said:
"may the (rising) force be with u"....

malmsteen is universal... hah!