session guest

Blakkheim said:
'eaten' is by far the people fave and hit of the new album, so it has a solid place in the trakklist on every gig, maybe even an encore status!?

the solo situation will be worked out.. u know, i turned to lord vader and he said:
"may the (rising) force be with u"....

malmsteen is universal... hah!

Agreed. Eaten is (to me) the best song on the album. Fantastic album overall though.

Blakkheim said:
GOOD POINT THERE!!!
haha, it all backfired.... ehrr.... time to practice then... hmm... where did i put that malmsteen instruction video...

blech fuck shredding, fuck malmsteen. malmsteen's got as much feeling as necrophilia on cocaine. if anyone holds it against you that you don't play a fast as hell solo live, they should be shot.

We aren't holding shit against Anders. We're encouraging him, and suggesting that most people would like it if the solo was played live by either Dan or Anders, Anders being favored.

Y'know, I love Dan and all, but he can be lazy when it comes to some things. He could play fast if he wanted to enough he's just got it in his head that he can't "shred"- when all he needs to do is practice once in a while. Nobody cares if you can't shred malmsteem style as long as you have enough discipline to play a half decent solo. Most of the leads on ribspreader were terrible. Did he even play the half decent ones?

In conclusion, you can do it Anders. I know you can. And it'd be even better if you could do it here in the states. :D

Wait a sec...I knew Jonas can play guitar, as he has on some Katatonia albums, but he wrote songs on the new Bloodbath? Did he write on the Katatonia albums he's played guitar on? I always thought Anders wrote and Jonas just went with that. Maybe I'm underestimating the general talent of Renkse...Does he ever play live? Aaaarrrggghhh...Why couldn't I just know all?

Here's how Katatonia songwriting works to my knowledge:
Anders writes the songs
Jonas writes the lyrics
The only instrument Jonas ever played besides vocals were drums.

Jinn said:
Anders writes the songs
Jonas writes the lyrics

It is said on DO and VE's booklets that Jonas do some guitar too..
Discouraged Ones said:
Jonas Renkse - drums/guitars/leading vocals

Viva Emptiness said:
Jonas Renkse - vocals, guitars, programming.

Jinn said:
Anders writes the songs
Jonas writes the lyrics
You are forgetting bass!!!!
He plays bass in Bloodbath! (ok not in Katatonia, but...)
Bassists seem to have little consideration here...I don't understand why:Smug:

and Jonas did also composed the music of some Katatonia songs, so basically he's a complete artist, he can do everything:)

Well, in musical terms, to 'play' anything is to create pitches, notes, and sounds from a musical instrument. A musical instrument is defined as anything that has the capability to create pitches, notes, and sounds. Therefore, your voice is classified as a musical instrument, and singing can be classified as playing.

But usually people don't call it 'playing yourself' because used in the wrong context, you can offend quite a few Christians.