Help me!!

in_absentia

Aurora Borealis
Apr 27, 2006
At The Mountains Of Madness
Hey guys im new to this forum, never posted here before! but ive heard some tracks from Orphaned Land and im really really liking what i'm hearing, could anybody give me a suggestion of maybe what album i should start with and maybe a website where i can buy it from because i doubt you can buy any Orphaned Land here in Aus ive tried looking already!!

Oh btw i've heard that Steven Wilson is producing your next album... you guys are so very lucky he's a genius!! :headbang:

in_absentia said:
Hey guys im new to this forum, never posted here before! but ive heard some tracks from Orphaned Land and im really really liking what i'm hearing, could anybody give me a suggestion of maybe what album i should start with and maybe a website where i can buy it from because i doubt you can buy any Orphaned Land here in Aus ive tried looking already!!

Oh btw i've heard that Steven Wilson is producing your next album... you guys are so very lucky he's a genius!! :headbang:

which country are you from and samples from which songs did you hear?
well it doesn't matter really because there are only 3 OL albums+1 demo and a limited edition vinyl

in order of release
1.The beloved's cry(demo)- originally issues on tape reissued in 2000 on cd with a bonus live video of Seasons Unite
2.Sahara(album, 1994)-originally released on tape and cd(if i remember correctly) remastered and rereleased in a digipack with bonus tracks(2002): above you all(from the demo),pits of dispair(from the demo),The beloved's cry(martini remix).
3.El norra Alila(album,1996)- originally released on cd, rereleased in digipack in 2004(if i'm correct) and now is about to be released a new 10 years anniversary remastered deluxe edition digipack with bonus track :Disciples of the sacred oath(available previously on The holy Bible vol.1 compilation) and 2 bonus videos
4.Mabool(album,2004)- released as a jewlcase cd and a limited edition double cd when on the second cd was an acoustic OL concert caled "the calm before the flood"(not sure if the double cd edition is still available) and in 2005 there was a 500 copy limited edition transperent wax double vinyl
5.Ararat(ep,2005) available only on 500 copies limited edition 10 inch vinyl(not sure if there are still copies left)

basicly whatever OL merchindise you want to get you can do it through the Orphaned store on their website www.orphaned-land.com
under "the band" tab there's an online shop where you can buy most of the above mentioned plus OL t-shirts patches medalions etc. etc.

I also know that Sahara and El norra alila are avialable at the online shop of holy records mabool is available through century media online shop but it's also supposed to be in the metal section in a cd store near you or in a metal oriented cd shop near you.Ararat vinyl is available also throgh the end records
that should be about it
about 170 euros and you pretty much cover the entire orphaned land currently available catalogue+merchandise+one year membership in the the official fan club that has its own bonuses

Wow- Paradoxile sounds like the archive keeper for OL. But you are very much correct ofcourse
So welcome In Absentia and do not hesitate if you have any other questions.

Now here is mine too you- how did you stumble onto the Oprhaned Land website- through MySpace by chance? I happen to notice there were a lot of friends requests from Australia suddenly ( about 1 month ago) Just curious...

Morticia NL. said:
how did you stumble onto the Oprhaned Land website- through MySpace by chance? I happen to notice there were a lot of friends requests from Australia suddenly ( about 1 month ago) Just curious...

Αs I can understand from the nickname (In Absentia), he/she is a Porcupine Tree fan. So, the solution is easy.:)

Yes thank you, Orfanos! Lol... yeah i definetely checked them out after i heard he was producing their new stuff... i (She) am a huge SW fan. I was reading the posts here and stumbled across the website from here. I cannot believe how incredibly nice all you people are. Not like some other forums not gonna mention names.. anyways guys thanx for making me feel so welcome and i hope to see OL in Australia maybe some time in the near future? (They're pretty big here, we love the Isreal metal!! \m/)

Speaking of awesome metal music from Israel... anyone heard of Asgaut?

Asgaut are da shiz!!! great band had only one album "village" and it was 1000 copies only.there are roumres they broke up recently.

about their genre it's kind of doom metal that reminds a lot of opeth aspecially the quiet songs...they even have an opeth cover song
"Harvest"

did anyone happen to get that album Village/ because i just recently e-mailed the guys im dying to get it, and they havent emailed me back. they better not have broekn up the vocalist is AMAZING \m/