Help Me!

The Raven

Guitarist - "The Prophecy
Jul 3, 2003
Yorkshire
clix.to
I've never heard anything by In Flames other than Reroute To Remain. Can you please suggest other things I should/need to listen to by them?

Cheers :)

The Jester Race and Whoracle. These two albums are fucking awesome! But really, anything is good (apart from what you have already heard which sux). Thats just my opinion though, lots of others like R2R and I dont have a problem with that.

Reactions: JesteR-7
Listen to Pinball Map from Clayman. It's brilliant. Then listen to the rest of Clayman while you are at it, followed by Colony, Jester Race, and Whoracle. Frankly, all the cds are great, even R2R; They all offer something different with no deterioration in quality.

Get clayman next. Then colony, whoracle...basically work your way down their catalog, you should get them all because they fucking rock.

I started with Colony, if that helps. Although, that was before Clayman came out, so Clayman may be a better starting point. Also, I might suggest listening to Whoracle before The Jester Race, as I think it's easier to appreciate immediately (although by now, I like The Jester Race better). If you're looking for specific songs, try: Pinball Map, Embody the Invisible, Jotun, Artifacts of the Black Rain (tried to pick the most immediately appealing from each album). As for Lunar Strain and Subterranean, I really love them, but they grew on me, so you might not like them at first listen. Behind Space is a very popular song though, so check it out.

First of all, a quick sample of IF songs:
Pinball Map, Scorn, Jotun, Goliaths Disarm Their Davids, Moonshield, Biosphere, and Upon an Oaken Throne. One from each album starting with the most recent.

Now a longer rant:

First listen to a few songs from Clayman, maybe Bullet Ride, Pinball Map, Only For The Weak, Clayman, and Swim. After that, buy Clayman and listen to a few songs from Whoracle, maybe Food For The Gods, Gyroscope, Jotun, Moonshield, Artifacts of the Black Rain, and The December Flower. If you like them, buy Whoracle and The Jester Race (with Black-Ash Inheritance), since the last three of those are from TJR :) then just download a few other songs and see how you like them, and probably get Lunar Strain/Subterranean (no longer available except together) and Colony.

Steve

Sympozium said:
The Jester Race and Whoracle. These two albums are fucking awesome! But really, anything is good (apart from what you have already heard which sux). Thats just my opinion though, lots of others like R2R and I dont have a problem with that.
Same opinion from me. After TJR and Whoracle get Colony!

Working your way would be the best thing, I agree. Especially if you've only heard R2R.

Well, good thing I was here to tell you what to do, isn´t it? Since you´ve already bought R2R (this is the kewel abbrevitation of "Reroute to Remain", by the way), you absolutely MUST buy the new cd, "The Trigger EP". I will henceforth refer to this newest piece of music as "WOW, there´s ONE whole new song on this disc!!!". No doubt, In Flames have invested more time and money into clothes this time around, which automatically makes the music spectacular and superb in so many ways. Also, if I´m not mistaken, they´ve switched from ESP guitars to Gibson guitars. Expect the music to change mightily and dramatically due to this change in equipment.

Oh, by the way, don´t listen to anyone else in this thread. I know more than them anyway.

Colony is the best rounded I think still :)

Good use of vocals, good lyrics (not like you can understand what he is saying but whatever)
Good riffs, Good guitar work, blah blah, the usual. Plus it has Zombie inc, which is a type of song every in flames album needs.

Reactions: JesteR-7
Sympozium said:

Agreed :)