Help Need to find more bands

Gamalon........ naw, thats fusion and old and you probably wouldnt get it........ :)

I'll have to try some of these bands mentioned but will do so with great fear... lol

Porcupine Tree is good but sometimes too mellow or atmospheric for me, but when they kick into a groove its great stuff
Circus Maximus - I have both CD's and they are very talented and I enjoy listening to them, however I get the feeling Im listening to either Dream Theater or Symphony X at any given time throughout
Evergrey - I have checked out a few songs and want to get music by these guys
Pain of Slivation - There is a few note worthy songs from what I have heard
Gamma Ray and Edguy - I wont explain why I put them together but their OK in small doses if the mood is right
Kamelot - I enjoyed for quite awhile but theres a bit to much typical non stop emotionless double bass drum beats after awhile
Watchtower or old Fates Warning - can be an interesting trip back to the past to discover some roots
Iced Earth - has Zach pluged these guys yet ?

myself, Im still spinning my Dream Theater, Symphony X, Fates Warning, Savatage and Queensryche fairly regular, still waiting to be impressed....... {me ----> prick}

Today I listened to:
Megadeth - The System has Failed, but I connect with Dave and this has a few good tracks and the rest just rocks
Kenny Wayne Sheperd - Trouble Is, because I like hard drivin blues
Queensryche - Empire, because I havent in awhile and Im going to see them again in a month...........

I honestly use Fusion as my alternative to Prog, and thats because Prog became my alternative to Fusion
Then I use the blues or more commercial metal as an alternative to those when my brain needs a rest.

kamelot
vision divine
angra
nightwish
wintersun
ark
conception
vandan plas
wuthering heights
eluveitie
circus maximus
axenstar
sigh
protest the hero
mechanical poet
koyaanisquatsy
sonata arctica
diabalo swing orchestra
unexpect
into eternity
evergrey
adagio

I just recently discovered a new band the other day I had not heard of before. A Mexican progressive metal band called "Dimension". I have only listened to a couple of songs but so far am liking them pretty well. I don't know why; but from the songs I have heard, the singer sounds a lot like Peter Gabriel to me?

myself, Im still spinning my Dream Theater, Symphony X, Fates Warning, Savatage and Queensryche fairly regular, still waiting to be impressed....... {me ----> prick}

You're not impressed by these baands?

I can see why with Queensryche and that screamer of a vocalist but the other bands have plenty of music to be impressed with....

You're not impressed by these baands?

I can see why with Queensryche and that screamer of a vocalist but the other bands have plenty of music to be impressed with....

:OMG: "That screamer of a vocalist......... " only one of the most acclaimed vocalists in metals history........ even though apparently now adays "singing" must all sound like this...... arrrrr,arrrrrrrrr,arrrrrrrrrrrr,arrrrrrrrrrrrr,ougggggggg

you'll figure out the rest of what I meant
---------
still waiting........ :erk:

If by plugged you mean trashed/put down/slandered...then yes absolutely ;)

Hey now! I love iced earth, just not with Ripper in teh band. He doesn't fit Iced Earth save for a few tracks (some of gettysburg, declaration day rules). I'm glad barlow is back. Shitty how it went down though :(

Speaking of Tim Owens, has anyone said anything about WINTERS BANE?? Heart of a Killer is a fucking PHENOMINAL album. THIS is what Tim needs to do again, because he has such a fucking great voice when used properly. Also, check out the live Priest album with Tim on vocals. He absolutely owns those songs, does just as good of a job as Halford ever did.

Really, you can't blame Tim that the bands he was in started writing shit songs after he joined. And even if you like the new iced earth album, any way you slice it, it just ain't near as good as the old stuff.

yeah man, heart of a killer ws amazing! but it's really tim's only good work anywhere. i hope he goes back with them. but to be honest, i doubt he will sound as good as he did back then. all he does now is speak a line and then slap a vibrato on the end. oh yeah and he does the falsetto/high head voice thing.

I guess plugged is an old term now some are unfimiliar with ? Plugged means, say, pulling for something, not against.
-----
Still spinning my old CDs waiting to be impressed doesnt mean I listen to them because Im into self mutilation, it means I waiting for something new to qualify equal shelf space and play time.
-----
I'll get around to making an order for new material this winter, I know that, its that time of year I typically do. I did just finally get Sys Chaos and Take Cover because there they were infront of me, same as awhile back when I got The System has Failed, 2 Circus Maximus were ordered, other stuff ordered this past year was pretty much old CD catchup. Like 4 old CD's featuring Tommy Bolin, two Mahavishnu and two DiMeola, thats all unless you count around 2 grand in guitar gear.

So my list is expected to be
Paradise Lost
2 Threshold - newest and oldest I can find available
1 Evergray yet to be determined
1 Guthrie Govan
1 Greg Howe
1 or 2 Iced Earth which I'll figure out when the time comes

thats just how I am when it comes to ordering stuff, I never do a little at a time and rarely rush. I have to watch my funds as well, and I want CD's not mp3 downloads.

thats what I figured and why I didnt say anything at first....... then I got to realizing I rarely make sense

Gamalon I used to listen to them when they first came out liked em alot

Porcupine Tree (Feel the same way as your original post ) is good but sometimes too mellow or atmospheric for me, but when they kick into a groove its great stuff

Circus Maximus - I Friggin love em
Evergrey - I like em not crazy about em
Pain of Slivation - Not a big fan
Gamma Ray - I lke some of what of heard
Edguy - have to say nay on this one
Kamelot - another one that goes way back for me alot of great stuff and alot of not so great I love there latest tho
Fates Warning - Some good old stuff i agree
Iced Earth - I like them a little to speedy double bass from what little ive heard

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE FOR THERE RESPONCE IM ALWAYS LOOKING AND TRING TO FIND STUFF I HAVN"T HEARD YET
Unfortunatly im not finding anything lately besides cirsus maximus , spheric universe that has got my attention as much as id like

You have alot of the same taste and methods of changeing the music you listen too thats cool to hear

just a quik reponce to your last and thanks

# for ones im gonna check out
kamelot - Like em
vision divine - Not bad
angra- Not crazy about em
nightwish - Hate em sorry guys
wintersun- like some of the music not the vocal
ark - like some of there stuff alot loke the vocals alot
conception - Have to pass on them , Did't hit me at all
vandan plas - Like em alot
wuthering heights - Very interesting I liked the vocals alot and i like how they use the Irish music
eluveitie - #
circus maximus - Love em
axenstar - #
sigh - #
protest the hero - #
mechanical poet - #
koyaanisquatsy - #
sonata arctica - Liked what little ive heard
diabalo swing orchestra - #
unexpect - #
into eternity - #
evergrey - like em not all there stuff but i like em
adagio - I like most of what ive heard

Ill try to update this as i check out the ones i hen't heard yet
Thanks again

just a quik reponce to your last and thanks

# for ones im gonna check out
kamelot - Like em
vision divine -#
angra- Not crazy about em
nightwish - Hate em sorry guys
wintersun- like some of the music not the vocal
ark - like some of there stuff alot
conception - #
vandan plas - Like em alot
wuthering heights - #
eluveitie - #
circus maximus - Love em
axenstar - #
sigh - #
protest the hero - #
mechanical poet - #
koyaanisquatsy - #
sonata arctica - Liked what little ive heard
diabalo swing orchestra - #
unexpect - #
into eternity - #
evergrey - like em not all there stuff but i like em
adagio - I like most of what ive heard

Ill try to update this as i check out the ones i hen't heard yet
Thanks again

I listen to Kamelot and Sonata Arctica when i get tired of Symphony X(Which is like never)
Btw have you checked out Dream Theater? :worship: