Help with my song !!!

Gufi666

New Metal Member
Aug 8, 2011
Gdansk Poland
Hello,

I'm new here. I'm guitarist from Poland. I want to learn how to mix and master songs for my band and I;m stoke :/ I have problem with my mix. Don't look for vocal that isn't in time I know that and need to repair it:) For his I use Superior Drummer Metal Foundry pack (DW drums with low reference Pearl snare) Guitar I record with Bogner Uberschall and Mesa Boogie DR Tremoverb with Mesa Cab and Audix i5 thru Presonus Firestudio Guitars was Mayones Setius 7 string Mahogany Ash Top with X2N and second maple top with Blaze pickup . For bass I used Ampeg SVT3Pro from DI to Presonus and Mayones Prestige 5 String Bass with Bartolini Active Pickups and Aguilar Preamp. Vocal was record with SE 2200 thru Focusrite Vocalmaster preamp thru presonus. I use Cubase 5 DAW. For kick I use VST SSL Channelstrip with compression. For Snare the same. For guitar Fabfilter Q with BX Shreedsprear. Reverbs are some plate for voc and oh and chamber for snare. Bass track I run with Ampeg SVX with two tracks one is distortion HP 400khz LP.3,5 khz. Guitars there are two L-R 100% and two 70% LR and I cut HP 65 hz and LP 11 khz and boost 400 1,5k, 4-6 khz and 8 - 10 k like I read on Colin Post. Problem ist that it sound flat and no to much heavy and agressive. For "mastering" I use chain - linEq, C4, Pultec EQ Sonic Max, S1 Stereo and L316. Please give me some tips to make it a more clear and punch.Guitars are to weak for me and snare I feel that didn't sit in mix. All Your help will be very useful for me.
Here is link : http://soundcloud.com/gufi666/w-poludnie-tylko-mesa-i-vocal/s-Tw04c

Thanks for reply :)