Here's an idea

Rozy157

Insert cheesy quote here
Oct 23, 2003
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
Since people insist on bringing up Bush vs. Belladonna CONSTANTLY on this board, how's this for a solution?

A lot of rockers have side projects these days, why shouldn't Scott and Charlie move forward with Joey V, Rob C, and John B in a NEW band with a NEW name? It's been argued in the past that the band should have started fresh when they brought John on board anyway, and this would give them a fresh start in a new project that isn't tied to the Anthrax lineage. I mean the Anthrax sound with JB was much more modern and contemporary anyway.

It would mean a lot of work for Scott and Charlie, but it seems to me that it would make everybody happy and (possibly) give the new Anthrax sound the outlet and EXPOSURE it deserves.

This is probably a pipe dream, but it could work. Look at the Slipnot/Stone Sour thing, or to borrow a closer reference.....Anthrax/SOD ;-)

lespaulbass666 said:
good idea but i think that regardless of all the rumors, it's just not going to happen w/ john for a little bit of time. if he wants to do the family thing, you gotta respect that.

Well, I think lot of people don´t get it, so here is my ultimate "Prophecy":
Forget the "special anniversary tour for the fans" and "Bush has a baby" crap. Come on you´re not ten year olds are you. If you followed Scott´s and Charlie´s constant whining about the music industry for the past few years, you gotta realize this was bound to happen. Anthrax made great music with Bush, yet not so many people were buying their records. So they decided to do this career move-with gritting teeth I believe-and chose Judas Priest and Kiss route.
I´m not a fortune teller or a clairvoyant but my common sense tells me that the things will go the following way: The reunion DVD and Alive 2 will probably sell more than MOMD because of the bigger hype, therefore Scott and Charlie will prepare new record in this lineup, and the fans (or the CDC members) will be told that this is the greatest record Anthrax has ever made, that the chemistry between the band members is one million times better than before and Joey sings squillion times better than he ever did. New album with Joey will come out somewhere in 2007 or 2008 and sell probably as much as WCFYA did, maybe a little more-it´s just because metal bands don´t sell too much records these days. There´s most likely to be another whining and crying from Scott and Charlie. They will tour once in a while with the same setlist they´ve been doing for years and shrug their shoulders each time when asked about Bush.
John Bush will never really spill the beans about what he thinks of the whole situation. After he finally quits being disgusted with music business, Armored Saint will probably reunite for an album or tour, but it won´t be until two or three years. Chances are he´ll form a different band, (but it will not be any "next big thing") and probably release a record on a crappy label-which will be pretty good musicalwise yet no one will know about it due to lack of promotion.

I would really like to be all wrong on this one.

That was a sad and dark prophecy Johnnie... I can nothing but agree. Just a few things: if the new album with this line-up sells as much as WCFYA did, I think it will happen out of curiosity of people. And if Anthrax record a good album and they convince their fans that they are still able to record good albums, Anthrax will survive. Othewise they are dead...

I wish this thread longevity anyway!

Johnnie I cant help but think you are 100% correct here. I dont begin to pretend that I have a clue about the motives behind it. Some say money and well hell.... cant hold a grudge toward a guy for trying to prep his retirement fund. Money is a motivator in ANY biz and a band is a biz no matter what you think. Some of the time there is true love between the members and others not. But at the end of the day it is a biz period. I am sad that at this point it doesnt *seem* like the WCFYA follow up will include John Bush mostly because they really seemed on the brink or major market recognition and it sucks to get that close and then have it yanked away after such a long and heavy career. I wish all the guys involved the best and hope like hell that there is more new Anthrax to check out in the future. Like it, hate it, bitch all you want but it is what it is...... Give it a name.....

Exactly ThraxEm. It´s business. Us Bushthrax fans can whine about it but that´s all we actually could do about it.

Isn't this reunion thing going well into next year? Maybe next summer? The momentum they gained after WCFYA will be gone. I don't see Anthrax with Bush happening ever again; personally, I hope John moves on. He can't wait around for, what, more than a year and a half?! But, a "side project" wouldn't be a bad idea.

Drokk said:
Isn't this reunion thing going well into next year? Maybe next summer? The momentum they gained after WCFYA will be gone. I don't see Anthrax with Bush happening ever again; personally, I hope John moves on. He can't wait around for, what, more than a year and a half?! But, a "side project" wouldn't be a bad idea.

You´re right considering they´re talking about European tour in May next year. How was Budapest?

johnnieCzech said:
You´re right considering they´re talking about European tour in May next year. How was Budapest?

Budapest was kewl. Reminds me of Paris; everything on a grand scale. But I still love Prague ;) Hungarian beer is piss :yuk: I usually drank Czech brews.
The Szigot festival started when we were there, and our two friends went on Wednesday. They got some pics and a short video capture of Obituary on the metal stage! I regret not going to see them, but we had other plans.

Drokk said:
Budapest was kewl. Reminds me of Paris; everything on a grand scale. But I still love Prague ;) Hungarian beer is piss :yuk: I usually drank Czech brews.
The Szigot festival started when we were there, and our two friends went on Wednesday. They got some pics and a short video capture of Obituary on the metal stage! I regret not going to see them, but we had other plans.

Talking about beer, we should have some soon.

they would have to give the game away,despite them not being to popular these day everyone seems to know of or heard of anthrax ,pity they dont go to shows or buy there records lol.