Here's something funny!

Social Distortion

The Voice of Reason
Sep 10, 2004
Lahti Rock City, Finland
The readers of Kerrang! magazine have voted the most influental bands of the last 30 years. Are you ready for it? Here goes...

01. METALLICA
02. GREEN DAY
03. IRON MAIDEN
04. SLIPKNOT
05. MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE
06. LINKIN PARK
07. BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE
08. BLINK 182
09. OZZY OSBOURNE
10. FOO FIGHTERS

Really? REALLY?! What the fuck's wrong with those people? Have they completely forgotten that five years ago no one cared about Green Day at all? Is the whole world going mad?!

(Not disagreeing about Metallica, Maiden or Ozzy.)

01. METALLICA
02. GREEN DAY
03. IRON MAIDEN
04. SLIPKNOT
09. OZZY OSBOURNE
10. FOO FIGHTERS

Not a bad list.:p

I'd say The Damned Things should be on that list!

Haha yeah, since theyve only been around since 2009. :D

Seriously though, this list is just fucking stupid. :yuk:
I could understand a few but this is just ridiculous. Its not even about whether I personally like them or not but any bands that formed in the 2000's shouldnt be in the top 10 or not even on the list at all.

I can kind of see the point where they say Green day and blink182 because pretty much every pop punk band formed after the 90s cite them as influences but not sure about in the top 10.

Last 30 years? Are you sure they meant last 3 years?? How the fuck are bands like guns n roses and van halen not on that list? I can't stand motley crüe but even those motherfuckers I would think are more influential than bullet for my valentine. I don't even know a single one of their songs.

Just remember Kerrang! is both UK based and total shite.
It was a great mag "back in the day", I had a pile of them - Motorhead, WASP, Crue, Slayer, AC/DC all sorts of great bands. But they went soft at least 15 years ago, so I'd advise metal fans ignore anything to do with it.

It was a great mag "back in the day", I had a pile of them - Motorhead, WASP, Crue, Slayer, AC/DC all sorts of great bands.

I had all of those metal magazines too. Karrang, RIP, Circus, Metal Edge... I'm kind of surprised that Karrang is still around. With the internet, I would think they would be pretty much obsolete.

Last 30 years? Are you sure they meant last 3 years?? How the fuck are bands like guns n roses and van halen not on that list? I can't stand motley crüe but even those motherfuckers I would think are more influential than bullet for my valentine. I don't even know a single one of their songs.

Kinda goes to show that only young kids read the magazine, and obviously kids these days don't know their history!

I can kind of see the point where they say Green day and blink182 because pretty much every pop punk band formed after the 90s cite them as influences but not sure about in the top 10.

Yeah they pretty much defined the Pop-punk movement. Still though out of 30 years? I also don't think Ozzy was real influential. Bands were already doing what he was doing. Sabbath was influential for sure but we're talking the last 30 years.

They should have started the article with "Our idiot readers have voted"