Nirvana crowned greatest rock band of the modern era

mattt

Yes.
Feb 4, 2002
from yahoo music news. what a load of fucking bullshit.

Nirvana crowned greatest rock band of the modern era
News_16187.jpg
Grunge legends Nirvana have been named as the Greatest Rock Band in the Modern Era by satellite station MTV2. The band - fronted by tragic rocker Kurt Cobain, who committed suicide in 1994 - beat Metallica, Guns n Roses, U2 and Radiohead to top the poll voted for by viewers. Other bands that made the top 10 include Linkin Park, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day, No Doubt and Nirvana's arch rivals Pearl Jam. Nirvana disbanded in 1994 following Cobain's horrific death - band member Dave Grohl has gone on to find success and acclaim in the Foo Fighters. The top ten are as follows:

1: Nirvana

2: Metallica

3: Guns N Roses

4: U2

5: Radiohead

6: Linkin Park

7: Red Hot Chili Peppers

8: Green Day

9: Pearl Jam

10: No Doubt (wenn)

I wouldnt, id agree with Metallica topping it. Despite St. Anger.

Nirvana only released 3 albums of original stuff didnt they? Over. Rated.

Dear Nigel Bridgeman,
We regret to inform you that your services are no longer required in this company. We were generally happy with you work, but a few incidents occured in which we realised you are possibly a spazzo cunt. We hope you enjoyed your time with us, as much as we did with you. Your termination will come into effect immediately.

Once again, thank you.

Maiden Downunder.

Why do they allow people to vote when it comes to polls like these? People are idiots.

if cobain hadn't offed himself no one would give a shit about Nirvana anymore.

Bleach sold about 5 copies, Nevermind was HUGE and then the next one wasn't so big, and so on. Imagine if they were still around today, they'd still just be churning out the same "oh I'm so sad, everyone feel sorry for me, I need a hug" three chord crap and no one would be interested.

But cos he "died tragically" that makes him a cult hero or something.

Shit I'm late.....

Well said. Cobain was a stupid damn wanker rock star with millions, he can fuck RIGHT off.

Spruce Goose said:
That list is so gay. Clearly, it should have have been between either Dream Theater or Pain of Salvation. Pfft
This is exactly why I said people shouldnt be allowed to vote! :mad:

Indeed the list is gay, but also typical and I wouldn't expect much more from the general public.

Also, the black album is the best selling rock album of the 90s (3rd best selling album of the 90s of any genre), that should count for something.

What I think is ironic is that Courtney Love is the one responsible for Cobain's death (look at the facts, it is obvious), but in killing him she made him more of a cult hero than he could have ever been in life.

I know Dream Theater and Pain Of Salvation wouldnt know how to rock if I dropped a huge boulder on their heads!