Hessian Peel- Better As An Instrumental?

Draehl

Lurker
May 31, 2004
Atlanta 'burbs
After digesting Watershed a little more I have to say that I love the instrumental work on Hessian Peel. (BUT) Mike's vocals just don't work very well on this song. I normally (well, every song but this one) love Mike's vocals but his singing on this song just doesn't vibe with me. It's not that the lyrics are bad, or that the way he sings it is off, it just doesn't mesh with the music. Something about it makes the flow of the song and the flow of the vocals not mesh together.

/shrug

Very excellent work on all fronts from the band as a whole however! Would have loved to have this song as an instrumental.

I understand what you're saying, but I'd still prefer the vocals to be present.

However the 'Lock the children away from harm' is brilliant and I think the backwards vocals flow nicely as well.

I think the vocals are great. They are always fly in my mind. Matter of taste and music perception.
And growling here kicks some serious ass!

The backward vocal section in this song is my favourite backward vocal section I've ever heard. It sounds amazing.

After digesting Watershed a little more I have to say that I love the instrumental work on Hessian Peel. (BUT) Mike's vocals just don't work very well on this song. I normally (well, every song but this one) love Mike's vocals but his singing on this song just doesn't vibe with me. It's not that the lyrics are bad, or that the way he sings it is off, it just doesn't mesh with the music. Something about it makes the flow of the song and the flow of the vocals not mesh together.

/shrug

Very excellent work on all fronts from the band as a whole however! Would have loved to have this song as an instrumental.

ffs, NO. Mike's voices are genious on this song.
I see Hex Omega more like an instrumental.