Hessian Peel- Better As An Instrumental?

Alright! You really had nothing to say to make such a thread in here. "Hessian Peel, better as an instrumental?", another way of saying "Does Mike's vocals sucks on Watershed?". That's just about tastes and I'm so damn sure that everyone (most) thinks it's great as it is right now. If you have read some thread when Watershed was released you'd know that this song is one of the most appreciated from the public.

Anyways, my clear answer : No. Great instrumental, but Mike's voice doesn't bother me at all. +1 to the guy before me.

Alright! You really had nothing to say to make such a thread in here. "Hessian Peel, better as an instrumental?", another way of saying "Does Mike's vocals sucks on Watershed?". That's just about tastes and I'm so damn sure that everyone (most) thinks it's great as it is right now. If you have read some thread when Watershed was released you'd know that this song is one of the most appreciated from the public.

Anyways, my clear answer : No. Great instrumental, but Mike's voice doesn't bother me at all. +1 to the guy before me.

And you think that just because it's a popular song means it's wrong to suggest how some people may have preferred it?

I personally could have done without the backmasked vocals. They sound a bit dodgy and choke what's going on otherwise. I mean it's not a major complaint since they're only there for a few seconds in the song, but that is the question you asked. I'd most definitely keep those growls though, they make the second half of the song!

And you think that just because it's a popular song means it's wrong to suggest how some people may have preferred it?

I personally could have done without the backmasked vocals. They sound a bit dodgy and choke what's going on otherwise. I mean it's not a major complaint since they're only there for a few seconds in the song, but that is the question you asked. I'd most definitely keep those growls though, they make the second half of the song!
Yeah, the growls are great, but for me the highlight of the metal part is is the intense riffing going on after Åkesson's solo.

Yeah, the growls are great, but for me the highlight of the metal part is is the intense riffing going on after Åkesson's solo.

Definitely. That's my problem with Hessian Peel though, it seems like two songs. The first part is pretty good and the second part is GREAT but for some reason they are loosely connected by a really horrible segue that always throws me off.

i personally don't care for the "lock the children away from harm" part, i don't know why, that whole section right there doesn't feel right to me. i probably haven't given it enough time to digest it properly and my opinion may change with time (as it has with other opeth songs). i just have a problem with the song after that point, but up until there, fucking amazing. i absolutely love the whole clean first half of the song, and the heavy part is some of most brutal shit i've ever heard from opeth, love it to death. but as far as the song being an instrumental -- fuck no. but i do hope he/they will write an instrumental track for an upcoming album, something similar to epilogue perhaps. best instrumnetal ever.

Well, I think this thread could look totally normal. I realized that there was so many threads about little things in randoms songs that would have liked better that I cannot really complain about it. But I still don't like the idea of posting what you would have changed in this or that song, because the list could be so long (since there are so many tastes) that it would actually kill me to come here.