Hey Mikael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikael Åkerfeldt said:
The whole BMW thing is not something I made up. It's actually Per who read it somewhere and he's been saying it at least once a day since he read it. That's where I got it from. Thing is, everytime I see a blue BMW now I go "Ah, psycho, right there....". Even one of my best friends drive one....ugh!

Cheers
Mike

heh thanks for elaborating on that :kickass:

and don't worry m_w, I got the joke :lol:

If I was Mike I would be trying to get more feathers in my blabbermouth hat by making more and more comments which would get a negative reaction

But then that wouldn't be too difficult.

I like to go on there and stir them up hahah

I've always liked the fact that Mike doesn't take himself so seriously. It endeared him to my wife when she went to her first real metal show with me. She wanted to come with me to see the band that I was so nuts over, to see what it was all about. But she was kind of afraid, too. She began to feel better when we saw a bunch of nerds and old people there. We weren't the nerdiest or oldest by far. In fact, we were a lot like most of the people there. Pretty normal. And then when she heard Mike's banter, she felt totally at ease and enjoyed herself a lot more. I think of it as a nice tension/release thing, too. Intensity during the song, levity at the breaks.

Being grim all the time must be exhausting...

I really couldn't give a shit what Mike says between songs. I'm pretty sure he's aware of Ian Anderson's between song banter and the fact it hasn't changed in about 30 years - yet people, including me, still laugh at the same old jokes they hear every tour since 1972. Big deal.

I do hate the fact someone can't come on here and moan about it without the fanboys jumping down his throat with all the "Don't diss Mikael, he's cool, you're a douche" nonsense.
It's a forum - a place to air your opinions on a band you happen to like. Just because someone says something bad about that band doesn't mean you have to break out the shotguns. Fuck me what a joke.

affinityband said:
Ha well regardless of you not liking what i did. I infact enjoyed making those songs even if you thought it wasnt good. Its had some good comments in the past even if its pretty much an Opeth rip off ha. Yours was the first bad comment. I respect you for saying it....even though you probably wouldnt have done if i hadnt angered you, because it wouldve been a bit out of the blue. Im proud of it anyway and i took it out because i wanted a picture of us gettin all drunk at my house. But it didn work it ust showed one of those crap 'x's.

No offence, you took that well enough. :kickass: (I really did think the band was shit though). :saint:

Status
Not open for further replies.