Hey.

No Sign of Improvement

Just some dude.
Aug 6, 2008
Whats up? My names Aaron, but call me whatever you want, everybody else does lol. I just joined so I stoped by to say hello. I mainly joined for band recomendations. I'm constantly looking for something new to listen to (I get bored kinda fast). But I'm sure I'll probably end up on this site more than I intend to be lol. I like alot of different kinds of music but here is some of the metal I like:

Death: Intestine Baalism, Benighted, Anata, Frightmare, Benediction, Bolt Thrower, Fleshcrawl, Bloodbath, Entombed, Dismember, Augury, Iniquity, Monstrosity, Autopsy, Gojira, Amoral, etc.

Black: Nokturnal Mortum, Catamenia, Agalloch, Vesania, Dark Fortress, Naglfar, Drudkh, Ne Obliviscaris, Borknager, Deathspell Omega, Summoning, etc.

Sludge/Stoner: Isis, Neurosis, Kylesa, Crowbar, Grief, Noothgrush, Bongzilla, Electric Wizard, Old Man Gloom, etc.

Trash: Testament, Dark Angel, Coroner, Vio-lence, Holy Moses, Municipal Waste, etc.

Doom: Swallow The Sun, Novembers Doom, Shape of Despair, Witchfinder General, Anathema, My Dying Bride, Daylight Dies, Novembre, Solitude Aeturnus, etc.

Well, I'm out. Back tomarrow, or sometime this week at least.
Later, stay metal \m/

Welcome, No Sign of Improvement.

May I recommend:

Death: Death, Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, Morbid Angel, Decapitated, Deicide, Nile, Sepultura, Suffocation, Devourment

Black: Burzum, Emperor, Gorgoroth, Mayhem, Immortal

Sludge/Stoner: Sorry can't help you here.

Thrash: Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, Nevermore, Pantera, Venom

Doom: Can't help you here.

Cheers. :kickass:

Thanks for the welcome. As for the recomendations, I've heard of and like most of those bands. As for the others:

Cannibal Corpse - Barnes era stuff was great, but I only like a few songs here and there afterwards.

Decapitated - To tech-y for my taste, I have a few albums and don't really care for them.

Nile - Just never got into them.

Sepultura - Great, don't like anything after Arise though. Have you heard the Cavalera Conspiracy album yet? It was good enough to make me forgive Max for the first Soulfly album lol.

Devourment - Never really bothered to check them out. I've heard from alot of people that they suck and I'm not a fan of Slam Death.

Not really a big fan of thrash in general.

Devourment... suck? They are great. But maybe a bit too brutal for your taste. As for Decapitated do you have the album Nihility? That's a good album.

I don't mean to dis the bands you like or anything, sorry about that.

About the Devourment thing. My friend listens to Dying Fetus, and they bore the hell out of me. He told me they were consided Slam Death, which I've heard is what Devourment is, so I decided to stay away from it. I do quite quite enjoy some Brutal Death Metal but Slam Death just gets on my nerves.

I had Nihility, it wasn't bad. Decapitated is okay, its just that alot of Tech Death bores me rather quickly, and if it sounds more like showing off than music (Sleep Terror for instance) I can't even listen to it.

:lol:

Dying Fetus =/= Devourment

Here is Dying Fetus:

I'd call it Technical Death Metal

Here is Devourment:

I'd call this Brutal / Slam Death Metal

Last edited by a moderator:
Wormed is cool. I just dont care for their vox when he does the frog/burp stuff. You know its not so much a growl as just a low gurggle.

Same reason I don't like Demilich (spelling).

The weird thing is that I listen to alot of Doom/Death Doom/Sludge, but I just can't stand ultra slow Death Metal.