HI HAT set up (help me drummers!)

Originally posted by TheSilentMan

ok heres the best way I can explain it without showing you... yes there is a differance between hi-hats cymbals.... theres a top hi-hat cymbal (its thinner and lighter) and the bottom hi-hat cymbal (heavier and a wee bit thicker) ok now for the clutch..... ok theres a Wing nut on top of the clutch and a bolt on the bottom..... unscrew the bolt on the bottom... take out 1 felt washer (leave the other one in) slide the top hi-hat into where you took the bolt off, then put the felt washer underneath the top hi-hat cymbal (underneath the bottom of the "bell").... now screw the bolt back on.... that takes care of that... now put the bottom hi-hat cymbal on the hi-hat stand (upside down) now slide the clutch with the top hi-hat cymbal on it onto the hi-hat stand...... slightly press yer hi-hat pedal.... than tighten the wing nut.... and viola!!!! yer set up... like I said its easier to show than type.. but thats the best way I can explain it.. I hope that maybe that will help.....

man, i love you...thanks a lot! i'll try here!

Originally posted by TheSilentMan

lemme know if that worked and everything came out alright....

things are ok here...the problem is that i don't know really how to use the hi hat...how can people play with them too open?just hit the top cymbal don't produce a good sound (it's much better- the sound- when the cymbals are "glued" together, and little bit , almost nothing, separeted).

and what about the angle that we can make in the bottom cymbal? i can't understand the use of this stuff and neither what's the difference when you left the top cymbal loose or not.

ah, and the worse...when we have to use the pedal? when we want to keep the cymbals sound when we can't hit them with the stick? only in this case?

man, sorry...i know i'm getting so boring...