HIM

Shmeir

Chosen One
Apr 18, 2002
Stoke-on-Trent, England
Visit site
i was wondering if any of you guys have heard anything by "HIM".

if you have what do you think of them and most importantly what genre would you class them as??? im at a loss but i know they kick ass

I heard something by Him from the daughter of my boyfriend who's a great fan of them (she listens to Muse, Him, Nirvana, Bad Religion....). I heard her label them as a dark band, but I don't know if this definition is right....

www.heartagram.com

Now you caught me, I used to be a HIM freak!
I got their first 2 CDs (didnt get the last one because by the time it was out I was already listening to metal, so it was a bit too sleezy for me) and i think they're great, especially the first one!!

HIM opened me the door into metal. I listened to them, then I found Nightwish, then Gamma ray etc...and here I am now!

HIM has a specific style, so why label it? Their leader (Ville Valo) labels it as "love metal" :)

isnt HIM a goth band? anyway...HIM isnt my kind of shit, but they have some catchy songs....its a little too gothic-emo for me (if that makes sense)...but they are alright

HIM means His Infernal Majesty. I have all their albums. I used to like them on their first album, also their second album was pretty good, although very commercial already. They started as a Gothic Rock/Metal band, lyrics are almost always about love and stuff. Nowadays they play only fucking commercial Gothic Pop crap, their newest album really sucks except for maybe two or three songs. However, Ville Valo is a great singer indeed. I hope that they go a bit back to their roots on the next album and become harder again.

Originally posted by TheEmperor
However, Ville Valo is a great singer indeed.

Are you mad?? :loco:

Have you even heard them live? He suuuuuuuuuucks soo badly!!! I mean, I love the songs, but he really should've sticked to his bassplaying...
Besides, his voice fails him even on the album!

i think Ville Valo is a gr8 vocalist, on the CD's that is, cause i havent heard them live.

i also prefer the earlier stuff and i use them as a kind of escape to chill out and think of nothingness, if u get my meaning.

the simplicity amazes

did you hear about the rumor that HIM released an album in the US under the name HER cos there's already an American band existing that's called Him? :loco:
anyway, ... to me, they started out quite well with their admittedly cheesy titled album "greatest lovesongs vol.666" - and this was a rocker (my "reputation" deminishing or not, I don't care: the sound on that album does create a sort of strange atmosphere. conveniently strange....) . but as much I like this album I just as much despise and hate the next one (it has a pink color and so does sound the music: :yuk: :ill: :puke: the second next one I didn't even look for since the videos used to run on mtv anyway and I heard they were even worse than before)

I Love HIM. They are the softest band i hear, but there is just something about them.
And who ever wrote that the first albums where good, but the new one is crap.. Listen to the new album "love metal" again, and answer me if it is not More Heavy or whatever u will call it, than "Deep shadows and Brilliant highlights"

Anyways, i have all their albums, and i really like their music.