Hip-Hop

PastorOfMuppets227 said:
Jurassic 5
De La Soul
Handsome Boy Modeling School
MF Doom
The Roots

Good stuff. Dan the Automator is awesome. I like Deltron 3030 the most of his projects, but Handsome Boy Modelling School is good too. If you don't know Deltron 3030, you should check it out. Also Dr Octagon, Dr Dooom, and Lovage are great Dan the Automator projects.

I don't listen to much hip-hop, but I like Dalek, Dangerdoom and MC Lars. I've been hearing good thing about Aesop Rock, so I really should take a listen.

LuminousAether said:

Good stuff. Dan the Automator is awesome. I like Deltron 3030 the most of his projects, but Handsome Boy Modelling School is good too. If you don't know Deltron 3030, you should check it out. Also Dr Octagon, Dr Dooom, and Lovage are great Dan the Automator projects.

Lovage is amazing, and even better is Peeping tom...
I also like D12, Dead Language, old Dre/snoop/2pac/NWA...pretty much all the o.g. west coast shite

i stopped buying rap albums literally ten years ago. i think my last purchase consisted of ice–t’s vi — return of the real album. prior to that i had bought mobb deep’s the infamous. i loved, breathed, lived and spoke rap in my late teenage years. i recall when snigg niggy nigg, i mean snoop doggy dogg first appeared on the scene on dr dre’s the chronic album he truly sounded unique. neither i nor anyone else i knew had ever heard anyone like him before.

i don’t listen to much rap these days at all. i bought busta rhymes’s ‘break ya neck’ when he released that song. stormin’!

Rap is crap, yo! However, I do think that Run DMC, and the Beastie Boys are alright.

Yeah Aesop Rock is the best, I might have to get some of albums. And Mobb Deep's the Infamous was a classic FYI. Nas is alright too. Don't listen to too much hip-hop now though. And I hate Busta Rhymes.

im old so here it goes.
Ice T (solo stuff and Body Count)
Eric B. And Rakim
Public Enemy
NWA incl the earlier solo stuff from Ice Cube and Eazy E
Geto Boys
early ICP (group was ok hate the fans aka juggalos)
Pete Rock And CL Smooth
NAS
Wu Tang Clan
Outkast (Atliens and before)
House Of Pain
Lordz Of Brooklyn
Busdriver
Mudkids
Pharcyde
Del The Funky Homosapien
ATribe Called Quest, De La Soul and so on i was in a rap phase kind of in the early nineties but when garbage
like Master P, Juvenile and all that bling bling chicken wing spinning rims
selling coke in the hood bullshit started to come out in the late 90's my
interest in hip hop dropped significantly. With the exception of Lil Jon
that slayer sampled tune is hiliarious along with him jamming with Bad Brains.