hmmm, opinions?

WhiteBeastofWotan

Apostitutes!
May 22, 2003
Philly
Visit site
So my mom said that for christmas all she wanted was a mix of "mellow songs" by the bands i listen to...
what are your suggestions, keep in mind, no immensely long songs, or too many tracks
I'm planning on these so far:
Nevermore-DNB
Opeth-Windowpane and Benighted

oh and keep in mind.... i'd like to avoid songs that are all "arg i'm going to commit suicide!" last thing i need is my parents to start freakin about that

I was going to immediately post a serious post right after, but I was called for dinner... anyway.

My Dying Bride - For my fallen Angel
- For You
- Sear Me MCMXCIII
- Black God

Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons
- Erotomania/Voices/The Silent Man

Burzum - Tomhet

Opeth - To Bid You Farewell

lots of blind guardian even though it isn't very mellow
opeth-harvest, to bid you farewell, drapery falls
the bards song

Nile - To Dream of Ur

Satyricon - Hvite Krists dod it's got some mellow stuff here and there, pretty good

And check this out, just leave a minute or two after the last song on the cd, and then put Cannibal Corpse - Blood Drenched Execution to wake your mom up in case she falls asleep on the couch with the headphones on.

"Porcupine Tree, Trains."
Yes hemi....yes. My mom wants me to burn that whole cd for her. :D May I suggest some Trans-Siberian Orchestra?

Yeah....I thought so also. And I thought Trans-Siberian Orchestra was a real suggestion.........well........that does it. It's man titty fucking time for wolftribe.

Satyricon!!! Black metal, I like their old stuff, The Shadowthrone is really good check it out. Download that Hvite Krists dod song.

Morbid Angel - Hymnos Rituales de Guerra for some tribal drumming and variety.