Home-made Opeth logos

Nasty-Fire

Discursion
Dec 12, 2005
Quebec, Canada
www.myspace.com
Yes, I'm bringing back an old thread that I couldn't find in the neverending history of this forum. I wanted to see back these logos you made, representing "Opeth". And by the way, if I could see new logos like those I've seen some time ago, that would be nice. I know many of you have some time to waste and are great fans of Opeth, so bring it on.

I brought my own creation here...

OpethSymmetric2small.jpg

It is not directly inspired from Opeth's current logo, but I wanted to make something symmetric (and no more original from what I've seen). So here it is. If some of you doesn't see where Opeth is written in that drawing, try to turn you head because actually, you don't read it in the symmetric, usual way...

OpethSymmetric3small.jpg

Whoa. That is some unbelievable artwork there, outerone! Seriously, that is incredible!

EDIT: Checked out your website. You are an amazing artist. Some of your work is gorgeous, absolutely breathtaking.

Damn, I remember that thread! Still love that work as much as I did then.
If I recall correctly, you tried to contact Opeth regarding this work? How did that go?

Thanks for all the feedback!!

Yes I tried numerous times contacting the band. The only reason for that was just to show the project and thank Mike for the inspiration. I never got any reply though... I got a hold of the manager and asked him to forward my message about the project (lengthy explanation) to Mike and he said yes. Didnt hear back for a while so I asked him again and he said he forwarded it again. So either Mike didnt care or never got the message (which is understandable considering Im sure a zillion people try and contact him every day). I was a little bummed that that I didnt get any response since the message was very professional and I did put a lot of hours into that project. Oh well maybe one day....

you guy deserve a little more "feedback" from the band ... i bet it took tons of hours to create that

Yeah, that's one of the things I've seen some months ago on this forum. Really great job! Mikael should take a look at that. I bet it could be sold as one of their product and become pretty popular (I'd buy one, for sure!). Maybe we could find a way, by this forum, to show that awesome product. Any suggestions?

Yeah, that's one of the things I've seen some months ago on this forum. Really great job! Mikael should take a look at that. I bet it could be sold as one of their product and become pretty popular (I'd buy one, for sure!). Maybe we could find a way, by this forum, to show that awesome product. Any suggestions?

spam threads of this all over the first page when u see mikael online

oh and i want one too

I agree, it would be awesome if it became an Opeth product, I'd definitely buy it as well.

Thank you everyone (again) for all the feedback. I would love to somehow get a hold of Mike and show this to him. I did spend probably a few hundred hours on that project and its nice to know people dig it. It was totally meant as a fake Opeth greatest hits collection set. The book features lyrics to all the songs included in the CD and vinyl plus info on the band.

Maybe it was just too big of a change from what Opeth have today... I was very inspired by 70 european design when I created it, this I though fitting because the band draws a lot of inspiration from that time period also. In a way I tried to steer away from the cliche metal/grunge style that is just duplicated insanely today by every other new metal band, the sort of weathered dirty look, but not stear away too much and keep a touch of today in the design.

I also did another Opeth project some time ago. I imagined there was a tribute concert for Opeth where various bands would play and so I designed a poster for that event. Ill try and find that one and post that also.

haha I remember I made a black metal opeth logo with a pentagram for the O with a bat wings and shit coming off the letters with blood dripping off them, but idk what happened to it, I had it in EPS format too.

This is the other project:
opeth5.jpg

I would love to get a hold of the band some how, anyone here with some connections please help... I still hold on to the dream that one day I could work with Opeth on some imagedry. And since the fans here approve of my work so far, that design could be success.