Homophobia

coi-leray-coi-ass.gif

First homosexuality and now metal. What other topics irrelevant to your own basement-dwelling existence are you obsessed with discussing?
Again, married with kids: What are you doing with your life? Clearly something sad since you project at me like that, it's always the case.

@HadesRagnazrath
you wanna post your thoughts here??

sure...It's a major societal ill and a useless artifact that ruins lives. It's a conditioned visceral aversion to sex/gender related behavior that doesn't fit in with the cultural norm, and it's 100 percent unjustified.

When I was a kid and posted here more, I was generally okay with LGBTQ people but being a repressed trans girl who wanted to be one of the "cool kids" or more accurately "cool with the oppressors", I engaged in a lot of defensive othering and would frequently take jabs at the rest of the LGBTQ community to distance myself from the, because at the time I didn't see the value in being accepted as who i really was, and thought it would be better to construct a fake persona to try and fit in with some pretty shitty people because I was very immature and only cared about getting negative attention.

I'm just a person. I'm a trans girl, I'm on HRT, I dress feminine, use feminine pronouns and terms, despite the gender I was labeled as at birth, but it's not a big deal. Homophobes and transphobes make it a big deal for multiple stupid reasons, but just one that I figured would be very relevant to this thread is that, when I'm in public, homophobic straight men will see me and find me attractive at first, but then realized that I appear to be trans, and that makes them feel "violated" and "gay" because they're insecure and unwilling to admit that the things they find attractive are all just social constructs.

Transphobia is a separate issue, but a lot of it is rooted in homophobia too, because transphobic guys believe that acknowledging trans women as women, regardless of how feminine we present, makes them gay.

tl, dr, it's a ridiculous paranoia that makes people's lives way more difficult than we need to be and I think that anyone who explicitly supports bigotry of any kind is either stupid, brainwashed, outdated in mentality, or a straight up piece of shit, and I think the last one is really common, much more common than most people want to admit.

sure...It's a major societal ill and a useless artifact that ruins lives. It's a conditioned visceral aversion to sex/gender related behavior that doesn't fit in with the cultural norm, and it's 100 percent unjustified.

When I was a kid and posted here more, I was generally okay with LGBTQ people but being a repressed trans girl who wanted to be one of the "cool kids" or more accurately "cool with the oppressors", I engaged in a lot of defensive othering and would frequently take jabs at the rest of the LGBTQ community to distance myself from the, because at the time I didn't see the value in being accepted as who i really was, and thought it would be better to construct a fake persona to try and fit in with some pretty shitty people because I was very immature and only cared about getting negative attention.

I'm just a person. I'm a trans girl, I'm on HRT, I dress feminine, use feminine pronouns and terms, despite the gender I was labeled as at birth, but it's not a big deal. Homophobes and transphobes make it a big deal for multiple stupid reasons, but just one that I figured would be very relevant to this thread is that, when I'm in public, homophobic straight men will see me and find me attractive at first, but then realized that I appear to be trans, and that makes them feel "violated" and "gay" because they're insecure and unwilling to admit that the things they find attractive are all just social constructs.

Transphobia is a separate issue, but a lot of it is rooted in homophobia too, because transphobic guys believe that acknowledging trans women as women, regardless of how feminine we present, makes them gay.

tl, dr, it's a ridiculous paranoia that makes people's lives way more difficult than we need to be and I think that anyone who explicitly supports bigotry of any kind is either stupid, brainwashed, outdated in mentality, or a straight up piece of shit, and I think the last one is really common, much more common than most people want to admit.
so you would agree that homophobia and trans-phobia should be listed as mental disorders in the psychiatric disorder diagnostic manuals

@Bloopy
ever since "homosexuality" was removed from being a "disorder" in the psychiatric diagnostic manuals, there have been people trying to add "homophobia" as a disorder

and i for one would agree with this
homophobia seems to be a mental disorder
This could mean almost everyone at my high school had a mental disorder in the late 1990s. I guess ideally someone's brain has finished developing (ie. age 25 onwards) before the judgement is made. If they still show signs of being a major asshole then it could indicate personality disorders. But on the other hand, the viewpoints that kids learn growing up can be difficult to unlearn.

so you would agree that homophobia and trans-phobia should be listed as mental disorders in the psychiatric disorder diagnostic manuals

There's a difference between having a stupid opinion and having a diagnosable PD imo but, in some cases, obsessive aversion to certain groups of people could probably meet the criteria, I think. I think it's really important to hold people accountable for their views though, as long as they are in their "right mind" while espousing them.

tl, dr some people need to be shunned by society for their views and corresponding actions, and in some extreme cases, have their asses kicked. Others should be given a little more empathy and treated as people suffering from an ailment. An example of the former would be homophobic parents mistreating their children for being LGBTQ. An example of the latter could be someone brought up in a crazy religious cult. A totally different example of the latter could be someone who espouses bigoted views despite being a member of the LGBTQ community themselves. A good name for a currently made up disorder applicable to such a person could be something like "persistent defensive othering disorder" or something like that, because that's what that practice is called.

Homophobia and transphobia aren't disorders, but they can be the byproduct of them.
It's funny how she wants to list them as mental disorders as if mental disorders are a bad thing. The hypocracy in these people is amazing. Just as how she just called me inbred for being super white, sounds kind of racist if you ask me. But funnier than that, if it's bad to be inbred then it's bad to be brown considering it's non-whites who are the most inbred by far. The most inbred being muslims. Hahahaha:

ip6qT9k9diXxqN2wxqjGpUELss-HU9zOhqLBoveG_pI.jpg

So go on lass, if you think inbreeding is bad then you're more of a white supremacist than you think.