Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silent Song said:
ah, the "greater good" argument. communism attempted such.

The problem with Marxism isn't that it sought the greater good, but rather that it understood the greater good only in economic terms, and so collapsed into the same money society mess that it sought to escape.

and even if you were in charge, and found yourself unfit by the qualifications of your investigation, what then? you seem to avoid answering it, in preservation of your own life. got news: you aren't the only one who seeks to preserve their own life.

I have no mental illnesses, birth defects, abnormalities, etc., not to mention excellent physical health and genius level IQ. I measure up in every way imaginable.

Try again.

Before once again accusing LM of avoiding the question, I suggest SS keeps in mind that there are no questions more irrelevant and worthless than those which ask "what if <insert something that is not> was so?"

Laeth MacLaurie said:
Homosexuality appears, frankly, to be a mental illness in the classic sense, that is, a maladaptive bio-environmental complex resulting in a defective personality matrix. And, like most such complexes, left to its own devices, nature would select its carriers for extinction (AIDS, anyone?). However, as usual, our "compassionate" society fucks things up by getting in the way, so it may take a deliberate campaign of genocide at some point to reduce rates of homosexuality to acceptable levels.

Actually it looks as if homosexuality is decided in the womb, based on hormone levels. And homosexuality has been around since earliest recorded history. And I did give an example where homosexuality is a survival strategy in nature (oystercatchers.) And AIDS did not magically appear because of homosexuality.

So wrong on every count. Thanks for trying buddy :tickled:

RookParliament said:
Actually it looks as if homosexuality is decided in the womb, based on hormone levels.

So is schizophrenia, what's your point?

And homosexuality has been around since earliest recorded history.

So has schizophrenia, what's your point?

And I did give an example where homosexuality is a survival strategy in nature (oystercatchers.)

Oystercatchers are not humans, dipshit. Reabsorbing babies is a survival strategy for rabbits, that doesn't make miscarriage advantageous for humans.

And AIDS did not magically appear because of homosexuality.

And bears didn't magically appear because of stupidity, yet that jackass who got himself and his girlfriend eaten still was removed from the gene pool.

Looks like you lose...again.

Laeth MacLaurie said:
I have no mental illnesses, birth defects, abnormalities, etc., not to mention excellent physical health and genius level IQ. I measure up in every way imaginable.

Try again.
if those are your criteria for the future of humanity, i'd place my bet with another species.

The Tragedy Of Man said:
Before once again accusing LM of avoiding the question, I suggest SS keeps in mind that there are no questions more irrelevant and worthless than those which ask "what if <insert something that is not> was so?"
how is that in any way relevent of the previous question being avoided answer? or are you for the support of BS and ideal situations in which these alternatives are just ignored?

Laeth MacLaurie said:
So is schizophrenia, what's your point?

So has schizophrenia, what's your point?

Oystercatchers are not humans, dipshit. Reabsorbing babies is a survival strategy for rabbits, that doesn't make miscarriage advantageous for humans.

And bears didn't magically appear because of stupidity, yet that jackass who got himself and his girlfriend eaten still was removed from the gene pool.

:tickled: :tickled: :tickled:
You're so pretty when you're angry

People like Laeth MacLaurie I feel are far too pompous about the importance of the human race. You have to step back and admit that we're a tiny little pimple in the history of the universe, and will probably be "popped" very soon in terms of time as a whole.

Laeth MacLaurie said:

You should watch Grizzlyman the latest film from Werner Herzog. Its a documentary based around the footage the man himself shot. As always with Werner Herzog its a work of genuis.

Barking Pumpkin said:
People like Laeth MacLaurie I feel are far too pompous about the importance of the human race. You have to step back and admit that we're a tiny little pimple in the history of the universe, and will probably be "popped" very soon in terms of time as a whole.

The bigger problem is that the current arc of human society is bent on "popping" a whole lot of other species on its way out...

Silent Song said:
how is that in any way relevent of the previous question being avoided answer? or are you for the support of BS and ideal situations in which these alternatives are just ignored?

I find it wholly irritating when I advocate the removal or exiling of certain people and the reply is "but what if you were one of those people?" as if that's a remotely decent counter-argument. The answer is "I'd probably be pretty distraught about it", but I am what I am - the question asked isn't looking at reality and in turn shouldn't be treated as such. Asking Laeth "but what if you were unfit" is akin to asking "what if the moon was green?" (according to him, anyway, which is what you were asking). He had no need to do anything more in response than point out that "it's not", which is precisely what he did.

if those are your criteria for the future of humanity, i'd place my bet with another species.

What do you mean by that? I fail to see how excellent physical health and genius level IQ could be anything but advantageous to a species' survival.

Barking Pumpkin said:
Okay, so we're self-establishing ourselves as super-beings now. I see.
much more concisely stating my point ----^

all of you who are making these decrees, fail to include yourselves in the scope of those surveyed, as if you were somehow above them.

and no, "genius" IQ is not everything.

Silent Song said:
much more concisely stating my point ----^

all of you who are making these decrees, fail to include yourselves in the scope of those surveyed, as if you were somehow above them.

and no, "genius" IQ is not everything.

This is a stupid argument. We're not talking about personal preference, we're talking about serious maladaptive traits. These are well known and finite in number; if you don't have them, you don't have them, period. I don't have these traits, so asking me "well, what if you did?" is a non sequitur.

It's also a stupid argument because in making a claim that, let's say, "playing God" is wrong (which was implicit), you're implying that your judgment has more integrity than ours and in turn you're also "playing God". I could criticise further... but I'll let you go figure.

Laeth MacLaurie said:
This is a stupid argument. We're not talking about personal preference, we're talking about serious maladaptive traits. These are well known and finite in number; if you don't have them, you don't have them, period. I don't have these traits, so asking me "well, what if you did?" is a non sequitur.

The point is that just because you're not gay, or black, or jewish, or not of "european descent," or whatever you're on about these days, that doesn't make you infallible or some kind of super-person who is fit to rule the world.

Barking Pumpkin said:
The point is that just because you're not gay, or black, or jewish, or not of "european descent," or whatever you're on about these days, that doesn't make you infallible or some kind of super-person who is fit to rule the world.

Unprovable assertion

Why don't we get back to something substantive, instead of wasting time with your pathetic moral dickwaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.