Honest opinions on Watershed

and what makes you think im joking?? i think watershed is the most diverse metal album ive ever heard, its my opinion and im entitled to it

ummm ok I never said that you arent entitled to YOUR opinion but in MY opinion and in reality watershed is pretty basic among other things like out of all the opeth albums, Watershed had to be the worst so far

Watershed isn't a bad album by any means, it's a fresh sound and I quite like it. Bands progress so you can't expect them to make the same music they did 10 or 20 years ago.

sorry but i guess watershed is to much for you to handle in one listen, you should hear it again, for example in the lotus eater there is a keyboard part that sounds like nintendo! tell me that's not the most diverse album you've ever heard!

WTF?

I don't know if I posted in this thread already, but time hasn't made me like this album (or GR for that matter) any better. I feel the metal roots are being forgotten - not blaming Mikael, he writes what he enjoys writing.
But I've not loved an Opeth album since Deliverance.

ummm ok I never said that you arent entitled to YOUR opinion but in MY opinion and in reality watershed is pretty basic among other things like out of all the opeth albums, Watershed had to be the worst so far

jesus christ how can you not see he's obviously trolling

sup phil

Personally Watershed is my least favorite album because it is so different from their previous albums. I don't like the weird stuff like the backwards vocals on Hessian Peel, the end of Burden, and the voices at the end of The Lotus Eater. I also don't like how the music is jerky in places, where it just stops and then picks up again, and I don't like it that they didn't include the lyrics.

Does anyone know what the albums art is supposed to be about, like is there some story supposed to be going on with it?

Personally Watershed is my least favorite album because it is so different from their previous albums. I don't like the weird stuff like the backwards vocals on Hessian Peel, the end of Burden, and the voices at the end of The Lotus Eater. I also don't like how the music is jerky in places, where it just stops and then picks up again, and I don't like it that they didn't include the lyrics.

Does anyone know what the albums art is supposed to be about, like is there some story supposed to be going on with it?

Haha, so you don't like the album because of everything but the music. What did you actually think of the music, the only thing that really matters....

Mike had a vision for what he wanted the album art to be, and he worked with Travis on it. Theres a lot of hidden stuff and jokes like the cipher lyrics and Jack Frobar. There have been plenty of records that have never had their lyrics printed, I don't really get how that takes away from the music though.

Haha, so you don't like the album because of everything but the music. What did you actually think of the music, the only thing that really matters....

I don't like the weird stuff like the backwards vocals on Hessian Peel, the end of Burden, and the voices at the end of The Lotus Eater. I also don't like how the music is jerky in places, where it just stops and then picks up again

That is part of the music. :Smug:

But I thought that The Lotus Eater and Burden were good for the most part. And I liked Coil, Heir Apparent, Porcelin Heart, and Hex Omega. Hessian Peel was really the only song that I didn't like. Watershed was my least favorite Opeth album, but I still think its a good album.

That is part of the music. :Smug:

But I thought that The Lotus Eater and Burden were good for the most part. And I liked Coil, Heir Apparent, Porcelin Heart, and Hex Omega. Hessian Peel was really the only song that I didn't like. Watershed was my least favorite Opeth album, but I still think its a good album.

lol hessian peel is the best song on watershed (except for will the children cry)

I found out a little unspoken rule about this forum when I was lurking...

This forum as a whole hates whatever the newest Opeth album is. Before I joined, most of the board thought Ghost Reveries was subpar, for example. When the next Opeth album comes out, the previous one is suddenly seen in a better light. Ghost Reveries follows this pattern again.

Watershed will get more respect on this board after the 2010/2011 Opeth record drops. And of course, the 2010/2011 Opeth record will be shat upon.

Watershed > Ghost Reveries
Watershed > Blackwater Park
Watershed > Deliverance
Watershed > Damnation

just my opinion

i thought that it didnt have the Creepy mysteriousness of the other albums. watershed was really upbeat in some parts. i like it though. but it took a couple of weeks to get my attention. i just wish it had the creepy epicness. like The Drapery Falls or Ghost of Perdition or Harlequin Forest.