• Watershed

Votes: 121 63.0%
  • Ghost Reveries

Votes: 71 37.0%

• Total voters

Deliverance Apparent

New Metal Member
May 29, 2008
Now that some of you have recieved Watershed i think it's safe to discuss Watershed one way or another.

Did you like this effort by Opeth better then their last.

BTW: I am a new member, but I visited the boards before I finally joined and its great to be here guys.....cheers

need to let ws grow on me i guess, but so far i dont see any songs there that dont get completely crushed by ghost and dogs so gr for now

just bought watershed today!
german release date is the 30th, so i'm happy i live in berlin.
well, considering we all know gr much better than watershed, it's a hard decision, but i was amazed at the consistency of watershed, and the new style, while on some songs not as brutal as i had hoped, is definetely a step in the right direction.
i'm loving the more blues-influenced acoustic passages.
and, mike's growls have never been deeper and more crushing, and his clean vocals never as flawless as on watershed, so congratulations for that, i was really surprised at the heaviness of heir apparent, there are no words to describe the greatness of that song.

I'm probably going have to give Watershed a couple more listens with the ol' headphones, but at the moment, Ghost Reveries.

I used to dislike GR but after hearing Watershed it actually made me like GR much more, so I chose that. Kinda sad, actually. Not a fan of the new album, especially the flow. So far I only really like 4 of the tracks.

4 out of 7's not bad though surely. Better than 2 out of 8 which is the case with me and Ghost Reveries.

Its safe to say that Watershed has become in my top 3 Opeth albums.

I cant get enough of the flow.. reminds me of Morningrise which is also in my top 3.

I think this poll will be irrelevant in like a month because it takes a while for Opeth albums to grow on people. Watershed is just now coming out and many people are just listening to it for the first time. You don't realize how good it is until you listen to it a lot of times. I can't answer your poll though because I don't have Watershed yet.

I really need time for Watershed to sink in, but at the moment I have to say Ghost Reveries..though it took me along time to get into that one, and now I love it :D
I'm sure I will come to absolutely love Watershed though, given time and repeated listens