(Hopefully) easy amp switching mod question (Rev. Jr. Pro)

Metaltastic

Feb 20, 2005
Ok, so I'm looking at a Rev. Jr Pro with fierce lust, but I'm pretty sure that despite the fact that the FX loop has an independent volume control AND can be toggled on the amp itself, there's no button on the footswitch for this purpose :mad: So I'm wondering, if the relay for toggling it is already there in the form of a button on the amp, how hard would it be for a tech to wire it up so it could be switched by a standard 1/4" jack? Do you think I'd need to provide him schematics, or could he hazard his way through it?

Any tech that knows what he is doing should know what to do without needing a schematic, within reason. The Pro is a pretty basic amp to begin with and FX loops/switching is nothing new :)

~006

Any tech that knows what he is doing should know what to do without needing a schematic

+1.

The toggle switch on the amp will tell the tech plainly where the connection needs to be broken/rerouted, he won't need a schematic. He can then simply add add the pedal-controlled switching in series with that.

If the toggle switch is off-board he won't even need to cut any tracks on the PCB either.