Horror Movies

bringin back a thread for you all
and it seems only Zeanra and I still post on chat from the ones who replied here

Evil Dead II is the best out of the whole evil dead series and whoever doesnt agree with me is wrong :p

hahah no seriously, i love that one... and Hellraiser II produced one of the most frightening characters ive come across, which is of course pinhead... hmmm i also really liked the third excorsist movie, with the old lady crawling over the ceiling.

Horror is damn near my favourite movie genre, but the battle epics win in that regard. Anyway, as for horror movies, I've always been partial to the old Stephen King movies (Cujo, Graveyard Shift, Christine). Other than those, I like a lot of the classics like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Night of the Living Dead, Hellraiser, Friday the 13th, and Nightmare on Elmstreet. The Evil Dead series takes the cake though.. Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness destroy.

the older horror movies are the scariest and the best......i think the scariest movie was on i just saw today...finding nemo...those sharks on their are scary!, and the dentist's neice......wow...really scary (note my sarcasm)

I, too, love horror movies. I think George Romero's Living Dead movies are the purest example of horror. Realistic portrayals of that horrible thought of the dead coming to life, the world ending. Even with people painted blue like smurfs (Dawn of the Dead) you're convinced its 100% real. Its great. But I also love crappy old Hammer movies, and I love the Vincent Price stuff. Anything with Bruce Campbell is a given. Especially Evil Dead 2. Meet him if you get a chance, he's funny as hell.

I think teh best gore/horror film is DEAD ALIVE (or Brain Dead) by Peter Jackson... Good is also Toxic Avenger, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, Black Roses, Zombie 2 etc.

Yeah, Phantasm is great, too. I love anything thats original like that. I'm interested in seeing this movie 28 Days Later or whatever. A modern Zombie movie that's actually getting a theatrical release. See it so it happens more often!