Hourglass playing November 3rd at Club Expose...

Well, Hourglass has advanced to the next round of the Battle Of The Bands thingie. They play next on Saturday (11/8) at 10 PM at Club Expose (about 2nd West on 2100 South).

Another update:

Hourglass didn't advance to the third round. The judges and crowd were more into some other band that I was personally unimpressed with, but then these Band Battle thingies are really just popularity contests. Prog Metal is considered passe by many in the younger set, so Hourglass was doomed from the start.

Nonetheless, they still played awesomely (again), and even did an excellent cover of Dust In The Wind (not Dustin in the wind - we saw that at ProgPower) by Kansas. Brick (the Hourglass guitarist) even got onstage with the last band that played and jammed for a bit, and Trevor (KatV) was very impressed with his improvisational skills and skill as a guitarist in general...

I can't wait to see these guys play again - and hopefully they get to play a longer set next time. Four songs is all they had time for after getting all of their gear onstage, although one of those songs was at least 10 minutes long!

Great job Hourglass guys!

Mr Toast said:
...and even did an excellent cover of Dust In The Wind (not Dustin in the wind - we saw that at ProgPower)
Dustin The Wind should be the title of Katagory Fly's next album. No contest!

Ruined Luna said:
Dustin The Wind should be the title of Katagory Fly's next album. No contest!
:lol:
It's funny you say that... Dustin-the-wind used to be my nick name among a bunch of my old freinds when I was growing up in the Roy/Ogden area. :tickled:

Hourglass put on an excellent show... needless to say, I think a Katagory V/Hourglass show would be the ultimate gig! If you throw Profane Oath on the bill as well, there would be three amazing Progressive Metal bands on stage at once here in Utah.... who would have ever thought that there would be more than one from this wonderful state!

Finally more bands we can play shows with here!

\m/
Dustin