House Music Setlist:

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Once again, thanks to Pat for mixing my tunes and adding the voice of doom in there. This year's list:

CD 1:

1. Pagan's Mind- Supremacy, Our Kind
2. Leatherwolf- Dr. Wicked
3. Fate- Butterfly
4. Silentium- Hangman's Lullaby
5. Killswitch Engage- Hold Diver
6. Black Sabbath- The Mob Rules
7. Bloodbound- Nosferatu
8. OSI- Better
9. Astral Doors- Tears from a Titan
10. Heed- Last Drop of Blood
11. Sphere of Souls- From the Ashes
12. Dakura- Ephemerae

CD 2:

1. Nevermore- Dreaming Neon Black
2. Andromeda- Periscope
3. Brother Firetribe- One Single Breath
4. Scar Symmetry- The Path of Least Resistance
5. Faith No More- Easy
6. Pantera- Fucking Hostile
7. Nightwish- Ghost Love Score
8. Mystic Prophecy- Savage Souls
9. Dragonforce- Through the Fire and Flames
10. Vanden Plas- Chirst 0
11. Jon Oliva's Pain- Through the Eyes of the King
12. Rage- No Regrets

CD 3:

1. Disturbed- Land of Confusion
2. Edu Falashi- Scary Zone
3. Edenbridge- Terra Nova
4. Dark Empire- We Will Never Die
5. Pearl Jam- Black
6. Rebel Meets Rebel- Rebel Meets Rebel
7. Symphony X- Fallen
8. Volbeat- Caroline Leaving
9. Disarmonia Mundi- Celestial Furnance
10. Devin Townsend- Triumph
11. Seventh Wonder- Not an Angel
12. Wolverine- Bleeding

CD 4:

1. Circus Maximus- Sin
2. Lunactica- The Edge of Infinity
3. Alice in Chains- Would?
4. Edguy- The Asylum
5. Whitesnake- Love Ain't No Stranger
6. Cellador- Never Again
7. Trivium- Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr
8. Axamenta- Ashes to Flesh
9. Doctor Butcher- Inspecter Highway
10. Iron Maiden- The Reincarnation of Bengamin Breeg
11. Circle II Circle- Who Am I to Be?
12. Meat Loaf- The Monster is Loose

CD 5:

1. Blind Guardian- Fly
2. Planet Alliance- The Real You
3. Cloudscape- Shadowland
4. Persuader- Slaves of Labour
5. Lordi- Hard Rock Hallelujah
6. Riverside- I Turned You Down
7. Testament- Souls of Black
8. Place Vendome- Cross the Line
9. Badlands- Winter's Call
10. Venturia- Fallen World
11. Savatage- The Hourglass
12. Communic- Under a Luminous Sky

I bought the Astral Doors (Evil is Forever, Astralism) and Siletivm (Seducia) based soley on the two songs I heard from them on the house music disc. Great stuff and both would be great choices for PP8.

Astral Doors if for fans of Dio's early solo work and his work with Rainbow (vocals and organ really give it the Rainbow/Dio feel). Balls to the walls from start to finish on each disc.

Silentivm sounds like a cross between Lacuna Coil (vocals) and Epica (orchestration). Melodic and intense.

I was really surprised with the Holy Diver cover by Killswitch Engage, its actually quite good.

All i heard this weekend was Circus Maximus. I swear everytime I bothered to pay attention to the music it was "Sin," and then I would gush to everyone around me about how much I loved their performance and their CD.

Harvester said:
Once again, thanks to Pat for mixing my tunes and adding the voice of doom in there. This year's list:

Glenn, I'm a bit curious in how this list is put together, specifically, the older songs. Obviously, there's a lot of new material in there that you're trying to highlight. For the old ones, do you pick out your favorites, pick some randomly from your CD collection, or do you have some other method?

Steve in Philly

Glenn was kind enough to play the first three tracks from our upcoming release, The Origins of Ruin, over the PA after Mercenary's set. Unfortunately, the stage mike was cut before it could be introduced...

It would be great if "the voice of doom" be a little louder in the mix. It is too hard to hear him. I had to goto mixing board and ask about what's playing...

nvandyk said:
Glenn was kind enough to play the first three tracks from our upcoming release, The Origins of Ruin, over the PA after Mercenary's set. Unfortunately, the stage mike was cut before it could be introduced...

We all look forward to it.

nvandyk said:

I thought that was what I was hearing. We were sitting there, and I said to Mary "This really sounds like Redemption". Which we finally figured out that was what we were listening to. Those songs were great, and I can't wait to hear the whole disc.

dt

arnavut said:
It would be great if "the voice of doom" be a little louder in the mix. It is too hard to hear him. I had to goto mixing board and ask about what's playing...

That should be a lot better next year. I changed the mix this year so the voice over was actually about 10% louder than the music itself, but discovered that in several cases the range of recording was one that was not boosted by the sound system.

This year, I actually got to see the EQ curve they had going for the in-house sound system, and will adjust my own settings accordingly for next year. A more bass-heavy "voice of doom" should come through a lot better.