How are you guys getting along with Pod Farm?

Ice Man

Sep 18, 2006
West Palm Beach, FL
Just picked up Platinum and it's a fun piece of software. Are you guys finding decent stand-ins for metal besides big bottom and treadplate? Also do you guys use the built in amp sims or impulses?

well i dont know about pod farm but in gearbox (old pod-farm) i use the 1993 solo 100 head with the gain set to about 4, i comp my sound to about medium and use the tube screamer pedal in gearbox and im able to get a killer lamb of god sound to a well scooped machine head sound.

by far i vote the solo 100 the best virtual head in the whole package. often i dont even use the tube screamer setting. dont forget - more gain = more compression so you can often sound bigger with less gain. thats why eg: a fender deville would take your fucking head off if played at high volume compared to eg: my peavey 6505.

I just got podfarm platinum yesterday, I had gearbox with no reamping before that. I think its night and day;

Im using the amp presets and even though Im reamping, Im not really adjusting the amps much lol.

reamped podfarm http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7481623

Im panning 2 guitar tracks 100% left and right, and 2 guitar tracks panned 80% left and right. So with podfarm, 8 amps/settings lolerz :banana:

Im the guitarist/bassist/recording engineer.

signal path: epi sg-->emg81/85-->podfarm-->reaper (eqs and master limiter quickly adjusted/added)

just for fun here is a similar clip in gearbox:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7481629

Things that I wonder "where the fuck did they go?"

Where is the hum reducer (I always reamp, or just use it for scratch shit).

Where is the metronome?

Where is the music player?

Where is the patch download thingy?

Other than that, I like the new GUI a tad more, but loading and tweaking patches is slower :(.

Well I thinks that POD Farm is more about the grafic interface and is the soution for those people like who have the POD xt pro and UX 2 and we have not the dual signal that you can have in the x3 series but... I really kick my balls out that one month after I buyed my xt Line6 lauch the new x3 series pretty sad f!"!"!·2123122