How Did you Descover Daylight Dies?

I put "Opeth" into Pandora and they just happened to stumble on, i was completely blown away.

Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.
:/

I discovered the band when they released their first debut. I saw it on one of those cable radio stations on the TV.

I was at a friends place and he had just seen D.D.,Swallow the Sun and Katatonia I think (holy shit I wish I was at that show). He threw on some music for me to drown out some noises while I was trying to sleep. I asked who it was and he said Daylight Dies. I though ok this sounds pretty relaxing, and I went to sleep. About 2-3 hours later, I woke up and forgot where I was. And I could still here the music playing. The atmosphere it created was UNBELIEVEABLE. So after I returned home I downloaded some D.D. and listened to it now and again.

About half a year ago I bought Dismaniling Devotion. I poped that CD in and had some drinks, and though about some chick I was trying to hook up with(I know, sounds pretty lame). The atmosphere was back but even greater, I have been hooked ever since. It has changed my taste in music dramatically, for the better. Thanks Daylight Dies for making astounding music!

Someone on the Katatonia board caled them a "carbon copy" of Katatonia...that made me interested in the band...

And I don't think they are a carbon-copy of Katatonia :kickass:

I discovered Daylight Dies through the Music Genome Project. I remember having a station dedicated to depressive black metal. I'd never heard anything even slightly doom metal before. Then my station started playing Ahab and Daylight Dies. I recall my enthusiasm. It was really something to hear their gorgeous guitar melodies and vocal delivery, the sweet bass fills, and the engaging atmosphere. Come to Colorado, please.

I went to the Katatonia, Moonspell tour... and Daylight Dies Blew me and my buddy away, we bought Dismantaling Devoution at the show, and A month later I discovered Swallow the Sun... Now I'm a DOOMFACE and bawls deep in the slow chugging riffs

Through Music Choice metal, I would just drone out when something good was on (besides the bad -core stuff, some are good but anyways) and Daylight Dies was on with A Portrait In White. I never really paid attention to the sound as much but progressively liked Portrait after looking at the promo photos (pre-Lost) and just began listening to the other stuff. Haven't stopped!

I discovered daylight dies when I thought my friend recommended them to me. After checking them out I was telling him how awesome they are and he'd never heard of them :zombie:

I discovered this amazing band while trying to find videos for Swallow The Sun (im no stranger to Doom Metal i listened to it long before i discovered Daylight Dies) and i came across the video for Lies That Bind and i was blown away in the first 10 seconds of the song and ive been a diehard fan eversince. Im going to see them in jacksonville when they come with Swallow The Sun, Soilwork, and Darkane. Im overjoyed 4 of my favorite bands in one night how could this get any better.

I ordered some bloodbath shirts, and in the bag with them was a daylight dies sticker.
I had heard of them before but never heard them, so I thought maybe this is a sign!

So I trolled out and got lost to the living.
And I like it alot!

I ordered some bloodbath shirts, and in the bag with them was a daylight dies sticker.
I had heard of them before but never heard them, so I thought maybe this is a sign!

So I trolled out and got lost to the living.
And I like it alot!
Haha, Jesse does a good job promoting DD :)

You did know Jesse (DD drummer) takes care of Bloodbath's and Katatonia's merch?

Let me think. I heard the song 'A Dream Resigned' - at least I think it was - on a promo of some description around the time Dismantling Devotion was released. I loved the band's music instantly, and went out immediately to find the album. Got No Reply soon after that. They are probably one of my favourite currant metal bands. I really like what they do.