How Did you Descover Daylight Dies?

i heard about them through a relapse sampler cd and my brother has idle. Then i saw them perform like 5 years later when dismantling came out that month. they sounded tight as sheit with me and like 20 other people but they played like there was 1000 people in the crowd. One of the most intimate shows i have ever attended.

I heard about them cause a friend of mine in another forum told me..hey you Opeth fanboy, wanna listen something? and I was like yes! and he showed me Dismantling Devotion and I was blown away :)

Went to see Katatonia and Moonspell tour, and they were the opening band. At the end of the concert, Daylight Dies ended up being the best performers there. Hooked ever since then.

Daylight Dies n00b here... I discovered them about 2 months ago through Last.fm recommended artists. I believe it played "A Life Less Lived" and I knew I had to get into them. I have Dismantling Devotion and will get the others very soon.

Saw one of the guys in Katatonia wearing a daylight dies shirt, bought the CD+Shirt pack of Dismantling Devotion. Blown. Away.

I saw the Idle EP years ago at a cool independant CD store back in like 2001, and thought I'd try it. As soon as I played it and heard the Katatonia influences I realized I had made a good purchase. I've been a fan of the band ever since. Each album they're released has been a pretty big step up for them songwriting-wise. Can't wait to see what they do next.

I had heard the name but never bothered with them until Mikael Akerfeldt recommended them on a MySpace blog a while back. I took a listen to Dismantling Devotion, and promptly kicked myself in the ass for waiting so long to discover this amazing band! I could listen to Dismantling Devotion non-stop and never get tired of it. It's sheer perfection!

I had heard the name but never bothered with them until Mikael Akerfeldt recommended them on a MySpace blog a while back. I took a listen to Dismantling Devotion, and promptly kicked myself in the ass for waiting so long to discover this amazing band! I could listen to Dismantling Devotion non-stop and never get tired of it. It's sheer perfection!

:lol: If Mikael recommended The Backstreet Boys on his blog would you have jumped all over that too?

Opeth fanboys...:puke:

ok...KittyKatatonia that was a total judgemental statement. What if he took the advice from Blackheim?

Anyway, I heard of Daylight Dies sometime after "No Reply" come out but wasn't too interested in it. However for some reason I was always checking this forum to check updates on their making of the new one which was "Dismantling Devotion" at the time. I became a fan after I heard "Dismantling Devotion"...