How did you find Dan?

Still, it's better to show appreciation for these 4 hardworking rock dudes by giving them money :D

which, in fact... i just sent an order to Dan for some stuff i've been missing :)

Gurgelguff said:
I´m afraid that i don´t trust the Russian publishing too much.
I don´t get any money and i don´t think they go to the foundation for poor hockers with AIDS in Kalinigrad:D I think Black Mark "sold" one "Moontower" to someone in Russian and didin´t get payed. A while later a copule of thousands had the album:D I don´t mind shearing my music for free ( as some of you many know ) but i do mind some sucker earing money on it:yuk:
No. I think you are not right.
Black Mark has an official deal with Irond Recs.
Irond printed limited number of discs, that was said in contract. not more not less.
that because sometimes we cant buy some albums, they just sold out and will not be relaesed again without permission from main company.
that is about official deals.

but about illegal disc-copying of couse you right. and I think there is a not only Russian problem. for example you or me can make a copy of disc, make polygrafy copy, and sell it to someone, and make money. of couse we will not do that. but in every country there are some fuken bastards that want to fool someone and make money.

Gurgelguff said:
No, N.G is a band with 4 members and a recordcompany
But i´m sure you find it on a Russian site one day after it´s release:D

I don't by all means download stuff from russian sites aspecially not for money.
I use Emule and bittorent to download all my music so that no one is getting any money for it.
Whenever I hear of a new album I download it and have a good listen.
If I like it I buy it.If I don't like it I erase it so my conscience is clean.
I did it with all my cd's without exception since I got DSL conncetion. It's much better to listen to a whole cd in the comfort of your own home to apriciate it rather than hear fragments of songs when I listen to it in the record store with the risk of someone with a contagious ear infection used those headphones before me.
obviosly I'm gonna buy white darkness but I'll also download it as soon as it's leaked to the net.
The only time I download music from the net without buying the cd later is when I can't get it.
Just a few days ago a friend of mine found(what I believe was) the last few copies of nightfall overture. so he bought one for himself and sent me one by mail after I wired him the money.at the center they ordered appearently not enough copies and they were all out before I could gasp.

p.s
I got it yesterday...cool cover, Ivan's design?

I was in high school, about 16 years old, when my freind burned a copy of Swano's Crimson for me. At the time, I was crazy on Metallica, Nirvana and The Smashing Pumpkins. I thought I was the dog's nuts, until I listened to Crimson. I had heard nothing like it before. It's a peice of art... incredible... Thats what got me into proper metal!

A little band called Edge of Sanity and their 2nd album Unorthodox that was a little unorthodox...

First i did listen to thrash-metal like Old metallica, megadeth, kreator, sepultura, slayer, pantera, Testament and black sabbath and more.
Luckily i've never been listening to any pop, rap , techno etc. And i'm very happy about that.
I was a real metal head...My motto back then were..."If it isnt metal it's shit!"

Ahha! old days...But then my sister bought a random album
(she mostly did listen to some death-metal and the only reason she bought that album was because of the cool cover it had)
And one day i borrowed that cd of hers...I just kept it in my cd and played it over and over again. And then i realized...This is some cool stuff! i really enjoyed it. It was RTC !!! Then i was trapped in the death-metal swamp. with
great bands like Morbid Angel, Vader, Carcass, Death + very many swedish bands!
And after that i searched on the internet after more projects Swanö had been involved in.
Tons of great music. He is a truly mastermind. It took a while for me to melt nightingale and opeth(i did some research about mikeal åkerfeldt too) :). but after that i had a whole different vision about what music really is. Cant really explain...pretty complicated. But when i think about it...this discover was the really breakpoint in my life that would destroy my narrow-minded brain in musical ways and i would find music no one had introduced to me before.

thank you mortal for reading this...i wont excuse myself for my crappy english either :D

I found Dan while cleaning one day. I was vaccuming under my couch cushions, I found a few quarters, a couple pennies and a dime, then happened upon Dan. It was weird. Incidentally, that's where I found Jesus, too. Strange.

Eyesore said:
I found Dan while cleaning one day. I was vaccuming under my couch cushions, I found a few quarters, a couple pennies and a dime, then happened upon Dan. It was weird. Incidentally, that's where I found Jesus, too. Strange.

So According to you Marilyn Manson was wrong...God is not in the TV...God is in your couch along with Dan Swano...:loco:

Dan is the Man!!!! hahahaha

The first thing that I listened of Dan was Nightingale - I, since that moment is one of my favourites musicians!!!!

Back in the early '90s I was really fortunate to play in bands with a couple of guys who were really into the underground metal scene, and they first turned me on to Dan and Edge of Sanity, etc. I remember getting a cassette copy of Unorthodox from my best friend Jerry Kozial, who was singing in my band Dead Serenade at the time. He used to correspond with Dan back then and he basically worshipped Dan as well, so thanks to Jerry I was exposed to everything Dan did, and I became a huge fan as well. After Jerry died in '95, I never tried to keep up the correspondance with Dan that Jerry had started, and I drifted away from the metal scene for a while for personal reasons....when I was lured back into it and joined Novembers Doom in '99, I was really pleased to find that Paul and Eric were big Swano fans, and it was something that we musicially had in common, and I was brought up to date on everything I'd missed in the previous few years and now I've kept up with his stuff ever since. Even my fiance turned out to be a huge Swano fan since long before I'd met her! I've never really thought much about it until now but alot of my closest friends and such over the past 15 years all shared a love of Dan's work with me, that's pretty damn cool.

I started liking Metal in 2000, and of course frequenting Metal forums online I ended up reading about this 40 minute Death Metal song that was supposed to be awe-inspiring. I couldn't find it, but I came upon clips of its sequel, so I downloaded them and I was hooked. Then I came upon "Moontower," Nightingale and so forth, and now I cannot get enough Swanö.