How Did You Get Into Amon Amarth?

I had heard of them quite some time ago from one of my chat buddies on yahoo who is from Sweden. I had checked them out but was not really drawn to them at first. Then recently I found out I was to be interviewing them at the San Fran show and of course I had to do my research. I listened to bits and pieces of their songs whatever AOHell would allow and my interest was growing. Then my sis in law downloaded a few of their songs to a disk for me to listen to on the way to the show. Instantly I was sucked in. Then the real whammer came as I was blown away seeing them live. There is just something about watching a band live, you get to feel what they are feeling as they are playing. You know like picking up band vibes. Needless to say a couple of days later I talked to my ex to see what his bass player has in his collection fortunately he did manage to pull one CD out of his collection and I will be soon getting a copy. This will give me something new to fall asleep to for awhile. :headbang:

in early 1997 amon amarth played their first german show ever. i didn't really know about the band before, but i've been there and was totally into them right from the first tune.
i've never witnessed a concert with such atmosphere again.
i mean, it wasn't a perfect show. the band was obviously too drunk on stage, but i never felt like that before when i watched a band playing live...
all the people who had been there for the show, can tell you the same!
one week later i got "sorrow throughtout the nine worlds" and so that's everything started...

I use to think AA was "Viking Metal", but some of you guys pointed me in the direction of Viking metal and it is really nothing like AA. AA just sings about Vikings and have a Viking theme. It's still only death metal.

Viking metal has black influences and I hear some folk influences as well!

I go to the local cd shops around the area. It was right around the time Vs. The World came out. I saw the cover of the Cd and thought "thats amazing". So I bought it and have been a huge fan ever since. thats how I have found alot of bands I like. Look at the cover, read the details...and get it...sometimes its a good choice...sometimes its a terrible choice. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose...haha........

They are all my all time favorite band. Im going to the show they are playing in Dallas tomorrow. Its going to be a good time.

:wave:

Greetings all! I got into Amon Amarth from listening to Music Choice, the first song I hear on there was "Amon Amarth" then "Fate of Norns" I was hooked ever since! Then it was the biggest treat for me to be able to interview Johan earlier this month!!

It was about 3 or 4 years ago, and I had just started getting into harder metal. My bro introduced me to Dimmu and those black metal guys, and I was searching online for other bands. I happened to stumble across Amon Amarth looking at Dark Tranquillity's stuff...it was awesome! I was hooked immediately. Thats how it happened...but I just now joined the forums after hearing AA live for the first time, adn that was even more awesome!

Bap said:
It was about 3 or 4 years ago, and I had just started getting into harder metal. My bro introduced me to Dimmu and those black metal guys, and I was searching online for other bands. I happened to stumble across Amon Amarth looking at Dark Tranquillity's stuff...it was awesome! I was hooked immediately. Thats how it happened...but I just now joined the forums after hearing AA live for the first time, adn that was even more awesome!

That is the same with me, I had first heard of them when Versus the World was being hyped on a few message boards and then I downloaded some albums, liked some songs but didn't really pay attention. Then Fate of Norns came out and the same thing... Listened, liked, but didn't pay attention. After hearing I was going to see them live, I listened to Fate of Norns A LOT so I'd know the majority of the set list. Then after seeing and meeting them... I fucking love them. I can't get enough of them.

It's funny because I'm the complete opposite now.

I use to fucking love CoB and thought AA was alright.

Now after seeing the COB, Trivium, AA show I fucking LOVE AA and CoB is mehhhh.

Probably because I spent a good chunk of time hanging out with both bands and AA were much nicer guys than CoB.

Yeah, I used to be all into CoB too (around the same time as AA), actually more into CoB than AA, but i listened to AA more and more and loved them more and more..then CoB release HCDR and they dropped down on my favorites list. I haven't met CoB, but they just don't seem like super cool guys..whereas AA, they are badass, and you know they gotta be cool guys...drinking out of a flask and all